XLII

jisoo noticed that seungcheol wasn't necessarily scared of what was happening right now, so he hides behind the handsome prince. you never know! junhui could suddenly turn into a dragon or something! wonwoo could also suddenly turn around and do a jump scare! jisoo is still traumatised from clowns, you know! especially ones with red balloons!

"let's step back, i guess." minghao whispered to the useless boyfriends of the gods, holding an arm out as he stepped back. the boyfriends complied. "also, question. he's a spy of kaehee's, right? so why'd ya'll not notice? don't you smell the energy or something?"

"they're not dogs, hao," chan chuckled, looking at minghao in disbelief. "they said he was a demigod of fire. he burnt jeonghan and seungcheol hyung's house, he can shapeshift, it's a gift from his master i guess."

"correct." seungcheol points at chan, eyeing the gods ganging up on mingyu. dang. jisoo is getting middle school flashbacks. "we trusted him. i should've known! he was wooing my dear little human too! i should've killed him then."

"yo, you can kill a demigod? aren't you an asylusian only?" hoshi asked, suspicious. this is why these kids can't read classical books.

"well, i could, if i wanted to," seungcheol shrugged. jisoo snakes his arms behind seungcheol's waist, hugging him from the back. "i am very greedy."

that's a little sus, seungcheol. jisoo thought, eyes narrowing as he chuckled to himself. what if seungcheol's the god of greed or something? that'd be hot, but no thanks. what would seungcheol do as a god then? steal fruits?

"you sound like you belong with those bullies," chan shrugs. "but maybe it's just because you talk like old people. anyways."

"mingyu's definitely not coming out of here alive," minghao remarked, sighing. "what if his master also has a tracker on him or something? they need to handle that mess now."

"talking big, hao?" hoshi snickered, leaning against a wall. "we will wait for their verdict. maybe we can sell him on the internet. i need new strings right now, so," hoshi shrugged.

jisoo could only sigh. wonwoo could've just killed mingyu and not brought him here. wonwoo's making this a bigger mess than it actually is, truly. jisoo bets mingyu and wonwoo had sexual tension earlier. didn't wonwoo want to enjoy that alone? come on. jisoo doesn't want to be put to jail.

the big-tiddie-boyfriends-who-are-not-gods watched the gods ganging up on mingyu from a corner, eyes narrowed, attention undivided. they decided to keep on being hot while we check on what's happening with the gods.

"ah. i am battered. kneeling is of no use now. just kill me. at the least, i have been of good use to my master." mingyu looked up at the gods towering over him. "or do you just want to see me pleading for your mercy, huh, jeon wonwoo?"

"i do. you never truly know a person until you see them beg for mercy," wonwoo replied, smiling down at mingyu. "but it is not only i who you should beg to."

"yeah. he's right." junhui agreed, tilting his head. "kaehee might find out our location right now because of some tracker or something, but nothing's going to change. we're still going to fight her sooner or later, so let's have some fun."

"you two are being mean," jeonghan chuckled, looking over to the other two gods. in the process, he sees the human boyfriends at the back, watching. "our lovers are watching. we need no brutality."

"nah. they will call me hot if i get angry."

junhui collectively got weird looks, before mingyu decided to be a bitch again. "what now? just kill me! you have no more use of me. you cannot force me to be on your side either. kaehee will abandon me if i go back to her in this state."

"wait. maybe we can get his core." junhui smiled, gaining a bright idea. "it's only half, thus half the power, so maybe seungcheol can connect with it! he's an asylusian, right?"

jeonghan nods, seeming to agree. "seungcheol will use that core much better than mingyu could."

"true." wonwoo shrugs. "let's do it. who'll kill him? i'll get the core, maybe, and then—"

"WAIT!" mingyu suddenly interjected, his playful tone disappearing. "wait, no."

as the gods turned to look at him, mingyu slowly sat up from his position, then kneeled with all his might. the bean bag tied to him was getting quite uncomfortable, but for now, mingyu needed to ignore it. he needed to kneel.

"you can't take away my core. it's not even a core; it's only a half! i've been working for kaehee to get myself stronger and be considered a god—and it's okay if you kill me, just," mingyu looked down at the floor, shaking his head once. "don't take my core."

"my, my. you should have said that earlier," jeonghan sighed. "why should we not? do you think we're going to do your request?"

"maybe if you didn't insult us we would respect that," junhui stated.

"seungcheol will be a better god than you are, morsel." wonwoo said, emotions blank. "we cannot put your core to waste, nor can we give it to kaehee. sorry. you have to do better begging than that."

"please," mingyu immediately utters, crawling to wonwoo's feet. "you can't. i'll be on your side. i'll do everything! i'll help you against kaehee. just don't give my core to that nas—to seungcheol! don't. don't."