Chapter Thirty-Six || Blast to the Past

Start from the beginning

Each night she closed her eyes and was dropped into the future or the past, or a whirlwind of both. Either she saw Gabriel tripping through a desert or witnessed flashes of him growing up, his mother dying. It felt wrong, having her stupid powers show her these private things. Her only consolation was that it must mean something.

Unfortunately she had no idea what.

So when her dreams dropped her in Gabriel’s room in Aytonville she was worried; she’d never been this close to the present when shown the past.

Noel realized she had never been in Gabriel's room before, besides through the window. She had seen a sliver of bookshelf, green walls, a bed that took up most of the view. It was longer than she'd thought, and he only had mild slopped ceilings unlike herself despite being on the third floor. Her ceilings sloped so much she regularly hit her head, even being sort of short.

Why her dreams took her here she wasn't sure. Suddenly the door opened, revealing a worn out Gabriel. Seeing him like this, unchained and free and clean, made Noel want to cry. For the past six months all she'd seen of him within dreams was shackled and bleeding, or young and not understanding what lay ahead. She missed this Gabriel.

He tossed his bag on the floor and went immediately to the laptop on the desk, turning it on and opening Skype. It immediately notified him of a call, and Stephan's face appeared.

"Hey!" He shouted happily. "DID YOU KISS HER?"

Noel choked on air. What exactly did Gabriel say to his friends that made them think that might happen? Judging by the window outside, it wasn't even the end of November. At that time she was still incredibly suspicious of him.

Gabriel smiled weakly and Stephan was shoved out of the way, Constantine taking his place. "Shut up Ballard. Gabriel, we're worried."

"There's nothing to be worried about." Gabriel reassured them. "The signs aren't serious, I think your Mum was wrong."

"Athena doesn't know how to be wrong." Said Constantine dryly. "If she says something is happening, something is happening."

"The Earthquakes, the oil disappearing - that doesn't mean my Father is up to something. He could just be having a bad year. Hell could be busy, he could be stressed." Gabriel was trying to make light of the situation, but it was obvious he was worried, too.

“My mother contacted me, Gabriel. She wouldn’t do that unless she thought she was right.”

"Who cares about the signs?!" Stephan cried. "You found her, your Niasyn - that Seer back in ninth grade was right!"

"That lady was a fake." Constantine rolled his eyes. "Her name was Miss Mystique. We found her on the boardwalk."

Noel was watching Gabriel carefully. Her dreams must be showing her this memory for a reason and just leave it to her to miss the whole point.

"Guys, I think we should bring Noel to Festival with us." Gabriel was blushing, something Noel couldn't believe. He looked shy just saying her name. What happened to the quiet, cool Gabe Aytonville had fallen for?

"She's mortal!" Stephan pointed out.

"Not really." Gabriel chewed his lip. "She has God descendants and Cassandra was her grandmother."