"Oh, yeah?" Mikey snarks, "What if there's only, say, a comic book?" Mikey asks holding up a comic book.

Splinter smacks said comic book into Mikey's face causing him to go flying onto his back, "Anything can be a weapon. Your mother has multiple ways to defeat an opponent with various items." Splinter tells them.

The boys look away from Mikey who laid on the ground and over at Splinter.

Raph decides to speak up, "Sensei, you can't seriously send us out there armed with nothing but a comic book." Raph tells him confused.

"For a ninja, anything can be a weapon." Splinter repeats himself.

"So what do you want us to do?" Leo asks.

"I want you to embrace the unfamiliar. Switch weapons." Splinter demands.

The boys look between each other in fear.

*

Mikey admires Leo's swords before smiling big as he holds them out, "Look, I'm Leo."

Mikey then proceeds to mock Leo, "Guys, shh. We have to be quiet. Ninjas are quiet. Quiet down."
Raph and Donnie chuckle at his impersonation.

"I sound nothing like that." Leo said angered.

Raph and Donnie turn to Leo, "Yes, that's why we're laughing, because you sound nothing like that." Raph told him smirking.

"Face each other. Hajime!" Splinter said setting them to attention.

"This is going to go bad." Nova says from where she was seated out of the way, she had been practicing with Splinter's wooden sword.

The boys struggle to find a good way to hold each others weapons, minus Mikey who was just excited to hold Leo's katanas.

Raph moves forward first and spins Mikey's nun chucks only to hit himself on the hit with one and stop.

Leo goes to move forward only to trip on Donnie's staff both boys falling to the ground.

Mikey spins Leo's katanas only for them to slip from his hands and fly in the air, upon landing they nearly impale him if he hadn't moved.

Donnie struggles to get a good position with Raph's sais and only managed to poke himself on the chin with one.

"Ya me!" Splinter yells at them causing them to look at him with wide eyes.

"THat was messed up." Mikey said as they all stood to their feet.

"You will continue to fight this way. It will teach you resourcefulness and versatility-" Splinter told them.

Raph begins removing the chains from Mikey's nun chucks that had managed to wrap around his body. Mikey smirks at Raph, "Not so easy, is it?"
"Hey, I'm getting the hang of ow-" Raph had thrown his arm back and in turn hit himself on the back of the head with a nun chuck.

"PAPA!" Nova suddenly shouted causing them all to look at her who was staring out the dojo door into the living room in shock.

"MOMMA GOT OUT!!" Nova tells Splinter her eyes wide.

Splinter sighs, "How'd I know she'd find a way to escape?" Splinter mutters before sneaking out the dojo and up behind Ruby whom was rummaging the fridge while tied in her blanket burrito.

The boys eyes go wide when their sensei tackles their mother to the floor.

For a moment they hear a scuffle before it goes silent.

Splinter stands to his feet with Ruby thrown over his shoulder.

Ruby whines as she struggles to get out of Splinter's hold.