Chapter 22

May 21st

I walked up to the school and to my surprise, Jade finally showed up. She's been gone for a couple of days for no reason.

Aisha, Jade, Lia, and Vivien were all by each other talking about who knows what.

I walked over to them and once I came they got silent.

"Uh hello," I said, awkwardly.

They waved at me, but I could tell they didn't really want to speak to me.

The atmosphere seemed tense as if they just were arguing about something a moment ago.

"So, Lia how's your arm?" I asked, breaking the longing silence.

She looked surprised that I asked that.

"I'm-"

"She's fine, you nosey bitch," interrupted Vivien.

"So, I see you're still answering for Lia," I said.

Vivien rolled her eyes and stormed off dragging Lia by her arm.

Shortly after, the bell rang.

We didn't have class today, it was picture day. We were just mainly going to be in the gym and doing study hall.

Plus, it's a half-day which means we only have school for a few hours.

So, I think that today is the perfect today to watch all of them and see who lost their bracelet in the Dream World.

I walked to my locker to put away my bag and then I heard a ding coming from my phone.

I looked and saw that Kahlil had texted me.

Kahlil: Lola, can we meet up today to discuss some things about the Dream World?

Lola: Of course, when do you want to meet?

Kahlil: You have a half-day today right?

Lola: Yeah, I get out at 11:50 AM.

Kahlil: Okay, could we meet up when you get let out of school then? I'll pick you up.

Lola: Okay, see you then.

I looked up to see that Aisha was standing right in front of me.

"Can I help you?" I questioned, annoyed.

"Have you seen Lia's arm recently?" She asked.

"Why do you care so much about her arm?" I asked.

"Uh-"

She was looking off to the side just like someone was watching her from the distance like last time.

She was fidgeting a lot and playing with her fingers.

"I asked you a question," I said.

"Well, why not c-care?" stuttered Aisha.

"I thought you only cared about yourself," I replied.

"D-do you know why her arm is like that?" She asked, nervously.

"No, do you?" I questioned.

"I think s-she was bitten by a snake," guessed Aisha.

"But Lia said that it wasn't curable. Can't you cure a snake bite?" I questioned.

"Uh, I guess she w-wasn't bitten by a snake t-then," responded Aisha, nervously.

You could see the sweat on her forehead and you could see the fear in her eyes.

What is she afraid of?