Chapter 12

May 11th

Our jaws dropped to the floor and some of us sighed out of relief.

"Mr. Williams?" said all of us in a confused voice with widen eyes.

"Where's the Math teacher?" asked Lia.

He slowly walked in the room. His eyes were squeezed shut, then he opened them in an attempt to try to stay awake. He sat at the teacher's sit and place some hand on his forehead.

"Unfortunately, he had a small incident. He didn't see the water floor sign on the floor and slipped. He fell back and cracked his head open. We found him on the floor approximately 20 minutes after his fall," explained Mr. Williams.

Then Lia asked the question that we all wanted to ask.

"I-Is he dead?" stuttered Lia in a worried tone with her muscles tense.

"That question is not appropriate for school!" scolded Mr. Williams. His eyes were wide opened. He didn't seem exhausted anymore.

Lia seemed pretty surprised that he yelled at her like that.

"Bruh, it's just a yes or no question," said Lia rolling her eyes.

"Well, he's not dead. However, he is in critical care at the hospital," answered Mr. Williams.

"Is there blood on the floor?" asked Vivien without hesitation.

I couldn't even tell who was speaking at first because Vivien's lips weren't moving. She was speaking through her teeth.

We all just turned our heads towards her and mouthed "what."

"Why the hell would you even ask that?" questioned Aisha in an angry tone as she rolled her eyes.

"Just curious," She smirked.

"You don't need to know whether there was blood or not," said Mr. Williams.

"So I'm assuming there is blood then right? If there was no blood, you wouldn't have said that. Anyways, how much blood is on the floor?" asked Vivien.

"Vivien, please just shut the hell up," said Lia rolling her eyes.

"Watch your language!" shouted Mr. Williams.

"Hell isn't a swear word," mumbled Lia.

"It is in my school!" He yelled.

He needs to calm down. Why is he getting so upset about her saying hell? Especially because it is after school hours.

"Anyways, you guys are dismissed. Now get out of my sight!" He yelled.

We all awkwardly stood up and quickly grabbed our belongings.

As we were walking as we all kept glaring at the principal. He normally has a temper, but today he was extremely upset.

"Do y'all think he got a divorce or something today?" joked Vivien.

"Yeah probably," laughed Jade.

"Are you guys taking the bus?" I asked, awkwardly.

"What bus? No busses run after school hours," chuckled Lia.

It seemed like she thought I was joking based on her reply and her facial expression.

"Shit!" I shouted out of the blue in frustration.

I placed my hand on my forehead.

"Let me guess, you don't have a ride," said Lia, sounding like she was trying not to laugh right in my face.