Chapter 4

May 8th

As I began to walk to Lia's house, I wondered, what if I have a nightmare again? It would be so embarrassing if I woke up in the middle of the night and started to scream. Plus, I have no one to talk to about my nightmares.

Lia's house was pretty close to the therapy office. It only would take 5 minutes to walk there depending on my speed.

I've been to her house a bunch of times even though she has never been to mine. She's not exactly rich, but she lives on the rich side of town.

Her parents are middle-class and they have a bunch of money saved up in some private bank.

I arrived right in front of her house.

It was a brown brick house with a two-car garage. In the corner of my eye, I saw Lia standing by the door waiting for me.

Her hands were in her pocket and she looked nervous for some odd reason.

"Oh hey," said Lia.

I walked towards her and replied, "Hey."

There was silence between us for a couple of moments until she said, "Come inside."

I walked inside, the first room you would go into was the living room. However, we would be sleeping in her bedroom.

I saw Aisha and Jade sitting on the L shaped couch. They were whispering to each other and kept glancing at me.

Lia came closer to me and whispered, "I'm sorry."

"I told you yesterday, that I didn't care," I whispered back.

She sighed and looked at me like she didn't believe me. She looked like she wanted to say something back, but Lia decided not to.

"How about we all go into my room," suggested Lia.

We all walked through the white hallways to get to her bedroom.

Lia's bedroom was a square-shaped room with dark wooden floors. Her desk was right underneath her bed that had light pink covers.

Her walls were the color of clouds and she had led lights around her room that were currently not on.

"So, you guys will be sleeping on the floor. Did you bring your sleeping bags or a blanket?" confirmed, Lia.

"Yeah, of course," smiled Aisha.

"Mhm," said Jade.

All the attention came onto me. I didn't answer the question yet.

"So? Did you bring it?" questioned Aisha in a snobby tone rolling her eyes.

"I forgot..." I stuttered nervously.

"It's okay, you can borrow one of mine," smiled Lia.

I sighed out of relief. However, Aisha and Jade didn't look very happy. They have always been jealous that I get "special treatment" from Lia.

Lia walked to her closet and took out one of the most fluffiest blankets I've ever seen.

She placed it onto the floor.

It felt like I was on cotton candy and it smelled like it just came out of the washer. It had a cow print pattern.

"What do you guys wanna do?" asked Lia.

I had my head down and avoided eye contact with anyone in the room. I didn't want to say anything because I knew Aisha and Jade wouldn't like any of my ideas.

But, of course, Lia just had to make me feel included.

"Got any ideas, Lola?" questioned Lia.

"No," I said quietly looking down.