Chapter 19

May 14th

I was heading to meet Kahlil after my work shift. It was about 7:30 PM (19:30) and the sun went down at 8:15 PM (20:15).

I've been working nonstop since the last time I saw Kahlil. I've missed a whole week of work because of all that's going on with the dreams and nightmares.

I was taking the usual path that I take home from work, the one that passes my mom's house.

As I was passing my mom's house, I heard a scream from inside, then a bang.

The door was slightly cracked open, but not cracked enough that you could see inside.

I was not going to go inside until I heard another scream.

Is my mom being held captive in her own home?

I wanted to sneak in, but not make a big scene about it.

I quietly crawled into the house, everyone was in the living room. But they couldn't see me.

I hid behind a couch and slightly poked my head out on the sides so I could see what was happening.

It was so messy in the house, it looks like a Tornado trashed it. The smell of blood and dirty water filled my nostrils.

I looked over at my mom. She was tied to a chair, arms restrained with bruises on her arm and cuts on her leg. Her eye was purple and swollen. Her lips and nose were dripping with fresh blood.

5 men in leather jackets and baggy jeans were surrounding her. One of them, I recognized. One of her boyfriends was there, the one I assaulted.

Why would he do this to his girlfriend?

They were all laughing and smoking cigarettes.

When they were done with smoking the cigarette, they would light them again and use them to burn some of my mother's skin.

It looked like she was going to scream, but no words would come out of her mouth.

Me and my mom might fight all the time, but I would never wish this on her.

The laughter stopped and I heard someone clearing their throat.

A man walked in from the back door with two guards.

At first, I didn't realize who he was until I looked more closely.

C-chan?

I had to stop myself from gasping.

He's really real...

He looked exactly like how he looked in the nightmare, wearing a top hat and a half purple suit as always.

His men were wearing all-black suits.

"You guys actually captured her," He smirked.

"Yeah, how much are we getting paid for this?" asked one of the gang members.

"Where are your manners?" He chuckled, "No wonder you're on the streets."

"S-sorry sir-r," stuttered the gang member.

I've never seen the gang members so tense, I think Chan is the only man who they are scared of.

Chan stood right in front of my mother, his eyes locked into hers.

"Long time no see," smirked Chan.

"Why would you-"

He put his hand over her mouth.