Chapter 16

May 12th

I was chained to a rock-hard cot unable to move. I tried to scream, but no words came out of my mouth.

I couldn't even turn my head to see where I was. It felt like my hair was being pulled back every time I tried to look the other way.

So, here I was staring straight up at the ceiling that had a few rain droplets dripping from it, each one falling near my nose.

I heard footsteps coming closer and closer to me.

"Help!" I shouted.

"No one can help you," said the man, howling with laughter.

The voice sounded familiar. When I heard it chills ran through my spine.

"Wait, I recognize that voice," I said.

"Oh really?" He said.

"You're that guy who killed my father," I said in an angry tone.

He walked up to me to the point where I could see his whole face. His vile smirk was staring down right at me, slightly chuckling. His dark brown eyes were aimed right into mine and his nose was twitching.

"Yes, I am," He said, finally.

"Why did you chain me to this?" I asked.

"Why not?" smirked Chan.

"I don't get why you are doing this to me? What did I ever do to you?" I asked, my eyes were getting watery, but I was able to hold off my tears.

"Because of your father, he ruined everything!" shouted Chan, his spit flying onto my face.

"But I'm not my father," I said.

"I don't care, you deserve to die," He shouted.

"If you want to kill me badly, why haven't you yet?" I asked.

"Because," He paused, swallowing his tongue, "I'm not done with my big plan yet."

"And what is this so-called big plan," I questioned, raising a brow.

"Why would I tell you?" He chuckled.

"Okay, but you literally have the opportunity to kill me right now. But, you don't, you're a coward," I said, trying to stop myself from slightly smiling. 

"How dare you speak to me that way!" He shouted so loudly that the floor trembled for a second.

"Okay-okay, I'm sorry," I stuttered.

"This is why you are going to die, you're rude smart-ass attitude," yelled Chan.

"Okay, but killing me just because you hate my father is dumb as fuck," I said, rolling my eyes.

He stared deeply into my eyes and then slapped me on my cheek, leaving a red mark.

"If you swear at me again, I will murder you right now!" He yelled.

At that moment, I was shaken and afraid that he would kill me.

I should have never said that.

Sweat dripped down my head r and my heart was racing as he observed my face.

"Awe, you're afraid," smirked Chan.

He dragged his cold finger across my cheek and throat.

"Weak, just like your father. Too bad, you'll be dead soon. You won't be able to inherit the throne," cackled Chan.

"Wait what? What throne?" I questioned.

"Oh you don't know, well there's no need for you to know. The less you know the better," said Chan.