Chapter 15

May 12th

I sprinted out of the bathroom and hurried to my first class of the day.

I had English class first and I wasn't really in the mood to be reading something. Especially because the person I chose to write about for my paper was Kahlil.

What's the point of writing about him anymore if he doesn't even like me.

The only good thing about having English first period is that I can keep an eye on Lia. I'm worried about her and since we are in the same class, I can comfort her if she needs it.

I walked inside of the room and unexpectedly I saw Vivien hugging Lia.

Lia looked like she was just crying minutes before I walked in.

I walked towards her and Vivien gave me a rude glare.

"Go to your seat," said Vivien, rolling her eyes at me.

"I just wanna know what's wrong with her," I replied, crossing my arms in an annoyed tone.

"Well it's none of your business so just go away," She said.

"I'll go away, once Lia tells me herself that I need to leave," I responded.

Lia lifted her head to look at me and frowned. It didn't even seem like she wanted to look at me or see me.

She looked mad but depressed at the same time.

Instead of causing more drama, I just decided to walk back to my seat with my head down.

I was worried that everyone was staring at me since I did technically cause a scene.

As I was sitting at my desk, I got lost in my thoughts. I continued to wonder, why are they friends all of the sudden?

I put my head down on my desk trying not to make eye contact with anyone in the room. 

They were never friends and now all of a sudden they are friends. That makes no sense whatsoever.

I tried to brainstorm all of the possibilities of why they would be friends, but I couldn't think of a single reason.

I just need to get out of this classroom, I'm so distracted and I don't think I'll be able to focus.

"Lola!"

I put my head up to see the teacher's green eyes aimed right into mine. Everyone's heads in the room robotically turned towards me.

"Lola!" shouted my teacher.

"Huh, what?" I said in confusion while moving my hair away from my face.

"You failed in this class!" She shouted.

"I failed?" I questioned in confusion.

All of the sudden, everyone in the classroom bursted out into laughter.

"No, I said you fell asleep in this class. Maybe if you listened better, you would have heard it correctly the first time," scolded my teacher.

"But-but how did I fall asleep? I swear I've been awake this whole time. I'm so confused," I stuttered.

Suddenly, the lights get dimmer and the student's faces go blank. They all get up at the same time and stare at me for a moment.

They slowly walked towards me with red bright eyes and heads slightly tilted to the side.

I jumped out of my chair and began to walk backward until I hit a wall.

That sharp pain I felt on my back this morning was now back and worse than ever.