Chapter 14

May 12th

"Lola!"

"Lola, wake up!"

I woke up and I was a bit flustered.

Who was calling my name?

"Get off of me."

Oh my fucking God, I fell asleep on top of Kahlil. How did he even survive? It's pretty hard to breathe when someone is on top of you.

As I was getting off of him, I lost balance and fell off the bed. I landed on my back, which I've done before, but something was different.

It actually hurt really bad like my back was already injured. I didn't think much of this, however.

"I'm so sorry," I apologized.

"It's fine," He said.

Suddenly, I remembered something from last night. I kissed Kahlil. No wonder, I fell asleep on top of him because I kissed him. 

My heart was about to come out of my chest and my cheeks were burning up. 

No wonder he was being so different this morning because I kissed him. Why did this have to happen? Now it's going to be awkward between us.

"You okay? You've been on the floor for a while," He asked.

"Yeah, it's just my back hurts a bit," I said.

He took out his hand to pull me up. At first, I was hesitant to grab his hand, but I ended up letting him pull me up.

It would just feel weird now between us. I feel like I can't even speak to him normally anymore because of this. I wish I would have never spent the night.

I decided to let him pull me up.

"So, uh I'll go to school now," I said, twirling my hair with my finger.

I dropped my head down trying not to look at him because if I do, I'll get lost in his eyes. 

I attempted to walk towards the door until he questioned, "Don't you need a ride?"

"I can walk," I said.

"Are you okay? You're acting a bit strange today," He questioned, slowly.

"Are you okay?" Because I'm totally fine," I lied, chuckling awkwardly. 

"I'm fine," said Kahlil, rubbing his neck.

"I'm going to go then," I said as I proceeded to walk away.

But then, he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him.

"Huh?" I said.

"You know the school is way too far for you to walk on your own," He said.

"I'll run then," I replied.

"Just let me drive you," said Kahlil.

"Fine," I said, rolling my eyes.

We both walked to the car and sat inside.

There was complete silence between us, all you could hear were the cars on the road.

It has never been this silent between us and normally he asks me why I'm so quiet. But this time, he's being silent as well.

I wanted to ask him, what's on your mind, or are you okay?

But it didn't feel right to ask him that when I wasn't okay either. I literally kissed him while I was drunk.

I think we were both drunk, but I don't remember much. The silence irritated me and looking at Kahlil's blank face made me feel uncomfortable.