Perona ❥ She's Just Not Into You

Perona x Fem!Reader
pre timeskip x fluff!

She internally gagged as she watched the lion faced man flirt with her, using the most corniest pick-up lines she's ever heard. She just wanted to do her job and then crawl into bed, as she waited for her girlfriend to finish with her own job.

Here on thriller bark, your job was to cook for the mysterious four and other humanoid zombies that could eat. You loved your job especially when you're serving the ghost princess. You'd like to leave her little notes, which she thanks you for once the two of you are alone together. But, you strongly disliked being around Absalom. He was disgusting and his powers disgusted you even more.

"I have to get back to kitchen" You didn't bother waiting for his reply as you headed back to the kitchen, washing the dishes you were gonna use for tonight. Hopefully Cindry hasn't broken them all. Looking in the kitchen's cabinets and refrigerator, you found what to cook for tonight.

Cooking was your passion, your escape from reality. You could say the same about your girlfriend. She was your everything, being with her made you feel incredible. You loved everything about her, her laugh, her small fits when she's annoyed or the simple things; like her small smile when she's snuggled up against you, sleeping.

As you began preparing the dishes for tonight's meal, the same perverted man, walked through the kitchen's double doors, holding a bottle of wine in his hands. You rolled your eyes internally, while turning away to ignore him. You continued to plate the food, making sure it looked pleasing to the eye, as Absalom began rummaging in the cabinets for glasses.

"Have a drink with me" You ignored him some more,
placing the plates on a large rolling tray. He stopped the cart's wheels with his foot, making you look at him. "I'm not asking you" His demeanor completely changed and you scoffed. Grabbing one of the steak knives on the middle tray, you held it up to his neck. "Threaten me like that again and it will be your last" You eyed him, pressing the knife into his skin, pricking him slightly.

"I like my women feisty!" You ignored him once more, placing food covers on top, before leaving him in the kitchen. The zombies and the officers of Thriller Bark came rolling in as the clock struck 8. As they got seated, you began placing the appetizers in front of them. Once you placed Perona's down, she immediately sensed something was wrong; she didn't even have to use her devil fruit for it.

"What's wrong?"

"He's bothering me again, today wasn't like the others" You talked lowly even though the dining hall's chatter drowned you out. You could see her mood change once she processed everything, she was very short tempered.

"Don't worry about it, baby. I'll be fine" You reassured think pink haired woman, before she could cuss him out. She relaxed as you caressed her hand, making sure nobody saw when you did. "Okay but if he tries anything, I'll kick his ass"

When the main entrees were now being served, you hesitated on giving Absalom his once the two of you made eye contact. You could see lust in his eyes as he watched your every movement. Little did you know Perona noticed too. The dining hall was now enjoying their dinner, you stood to the side and watched over the table.

"Absalom, have you ever thought that maybe your actions are why the reason women find you so repulsive? Hororororo" Perona's laughed echoed throughout the dining hall, silencing everyone and gaining your attention.

"W-what are you talking about" He stuttered with a nervous chuckle.

"You heard me. Stop harassing people you freak!" People gasped at her insult, in Thriller Bark it's hardly used. They were all considered freaks.

Wanting to diffuse the situation, you began to refill their drinks. "More wine?" You asked Perona who payed you no mind, she was angry. After filling her cup, you made your way over to Absalom.

He took his eyes off Perona and looked at your with hunger in his eyes. His mind was filled with dirty things that he wanted to do to you. "Thank you" He placed his hand on the top of your rear, catching you by surprise. Perona had caught this motion and she was beyond pissed. She picked up a knife and lunged across the table, stabbing him in his hand.

"You crazy bitch! What the hell's wrong with you?!"

"You can call me a crazy bitch, but if you touch–No look at my girlfriend again, I'll put that knife elsewhere!" Perona had just revealed your secret relationship out to the entire Thriller Bark. The Lion man quickly nodded in fear before scurrying off to Hogback's lab, with the mad doctor behind him.

Once he was out of sight, you creeped up behind Perona and grabbed her arm. "What–" You cut her off with a passionate kiss, making her rage die down.

"You're the best girlfriend in the world" She blushed and you swooped her up off of her feet and made your way to her room, to show her some appreciation.

a little lengthy, but I've got one of your requests down! I hope you liked ILoveJonathanOaks