°Chapter 24°

Hey, I just wanted to post a chapter as I felt it was needed. Hope you enjoy!

.................................................................................

Y/n POV

Nightfall, I just wanted to cry, I had nothing left of that bastard journal, what I did have left was all burnt and discoloured. I now realise how bad of a mistake it was to give Taiga another chance.
"I can't believe he would do that!" Hunter spoke up.
"If we let that bastard go, who knows what he'll try next!" Yoichi growled.
"I would, but you know we can't." Natsumi sighed.
"We should have just gotten him kicked out already." Keitaro huffed.
I let out a sad sigh as I sat on my bunk trying not to cry.
"It's over, I just have to face the facts that my dads Journal is now gone." I said.
"You lost something so important to you and your just going to let it slide!?" Yoichi shouted.
"I'm done, I'm going outside." I huffed and left the cabin shortly after.

Outside.

I don't want to be here, even though I was here a few moments ago. It was silent, however the sounds of ripples in the water really helped ease my mind. Everything my dad had collected since he was in middle school was gone, even the memories that he passed down to me and that I filled in, all gone. I just want to jump into the water and lie there to rest, I'm over feeling like shit all the time. Just then I heard footsteps on the deck.
"Y/n!" Taiga shouted.
"What are you doing here?" We both asked at the same time.
"I'm over this." I said.
"Hold up." Taiga replied. "Stay, just for a minute."

I don't know why I agreed after he put me under so much pressure and shit. But we were now sitting on the deck.
"You must really hate me now." Taiga sighed.
"Oh I'm not pussyfooting around, I do hate you, to the point that I would literally end your life." I smiled.
"Oh. Um." Taiga stuttered.
"But what I don't understand is why. Why would you burn something that was so dear to my heart even though you knew it meant a lot to me and I always tried to see the other side of you, I gave you a second chance to change, maybe it was just a waste of my time." Tears welled in my eyes. "Even after all of that shit you put me through, I still chose to forgive you because I believe people can change, maybe not at first but it take time, for example an immortal jellyfish. When they decide to rested their life they start a new, after time they mature into a polyp and gradually they become a completely new jellyfish."
"But why. Why would you still forgive me, why can't you just hate me already." Taiga asked.
"Because that's not who I am." I told him. "You think I'm playing a game but I'm not, it's not in me to hate people."
"I know your genuine now." Taiga said.

Taiga started telling me about his experience at camp last year and how it fell apart so quickly. He was blamed for something he hadn't done, how he was seen differently afterwards. Everyone was sure that he was in the wrong.

After hearing his story, the tears started to fall from my own face as his did too.
"I don't deserve your friendship." Taiga cried.
"I was in the same place as you were back then, everyone thought I was bad and no one would accept me for who I was, old friends turned on me and left me, I was on my own for so long until I met you all at Camp Buddy." I cried. "All I need now is you, you to be my friend."
"I'm so sorry for what I've done." The red haired male sniffled.
"You don't need to be sorry, I know it was out of frustration and anger." I told him.
"Thank you." Taiga hugged me tightly.
"I don't need your thanks." I replied.

After we had broken from our hug we both got up and left for our cabins.

Inside the cabin

"I'm home." I yawned.
"Welcome back." Keitaro smiled.
"You haven't been crying have you?" Yoichi looked at my eyes.
"Give him some space, he's just gotten back." Natsumi tried to help.
"I'm fine, I'm good, I'm tired." I smiled.
"If you want to talk about anything you can talk to us." Hiro said.
"It was a bad and tiring day and now I want to sleep." I yawned once more.

Everyone seemed really worried about me, they try so hard to look out for me and I appreciate all of it.

                               .............................................................................................

Thanks for reading, sorry it's short but I have a pounding headache and I'm tired. Hope you enjoyed!
-potato
Word count: 818