Chapter 1

Nobume's POV

I huffed for air as i rushed up the stairs.

"WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE UP THERE?!?!" I complained.

One more floor...

"one.... More.... *huff*"

Woo Il, who was going to close the door, Noticed me and instead of holding the door for me, he smirked and started counting down.

"the doors will close in 3...2..."

"WAIT!" I pushed myself up the stairs, oxygen is now here to be found.

Its only a matter of willpower that helped me climbed that remaining stairs.

"1! HAHA! You didnt make it!" he shut the door  but before he could completely close it, i got my foot in between the door, preventing it to shut.

"HA!" I said in triump.

He started pushing the door on full force.

"OW! My foot, you asshole!" I cried while trying to free my foot from the pressure.

"boo-hoo~ is that your best? Try applying more force, wimp~" he teased.

"Move." I flinched when Oboro talked from behind me.

Woo Il Immediately stopped and opened the door for the her.

"Oboro-chan! Good morning!" I greeted her as we both entered the room.

She just nodded.

I looked around and saw Woo Il, Eirene and Vittoria standing by the door frame.

.... Huh.... So that's why I cant open the door....

"cheaters!" I threw a tissue box at them.

Woo Il stuck his tongue out.

Tch.

"dont mind them," Oboro said and added," coffee?"

"yes please," I answered and she started boiling some water.

"as expected. Oboro-chan is the only FRIEND I CAN RELY ON," I stressed while shooting dagger stares at the three. They just snickered.

After making coffee, I sat back to my chair.

"oh,right. The Director wants to know the update about that land we're pursuing," Eirene broke the silence," so how is it?"

"we got the papers," Vittoria answered.

"where is it?"

"I gave it to Asakura"

Upon hearing my name, my head turned at their direction— looking at them cluelessly.

"the papers. Where is it?" Eirene repeated the question for me.

"ah... Right," I opened my drawer and looked for the envelope.

"I'm sure it's here some where...." I mumbled.

"...... Dont tell us you lost it," Woo Il said in a teasing way but with a hint of uneasiness.

"no no. It's here. Wait"

".... You really are clumsy. You need someone to look out for you," Eirene shook her head.

I paused, trying to remember where I put it.

I'm sure it's here. I remember holding it until we got here.

"*sigh* you placed it here," Jùnhóng took the envelope from my top drawer and handed it to me.

He gave me a 'what-do-i-do-with-you' look and went back to his seat.

I blushed," ah... Thanks. Eirene-chan, here"

"we have to do something about that memory of yours. It will get you in trouble one day, I tell you," she said and went outside the room.

I slapped my cheeks to cover my blush and to get a hold of myself.

HE. JUST. SMILED. What's so special about a smile. Everyone smiles. Nothing special about it.

And besides, I can't.....

*Jùnhóng's phone ringing*

"... Oh, yes Babe?"

Everyone howled, including me.

"stop it," Jùnhóng blushed and went outside to continue the call.

"this is why I can't..." I mumbled while turning my computer on.