Chapter 22: Losing something precious.

Still Yeosang pov, [still 14 years back]

My birthday has gone. It was like one week ago. It was really very enjoyable. Wooyoung was also there with me since morning. He even stayed at night. He is really a great friend even though he is a brat. I turned 8 this year. 

Mom also enjoyed that day, she was smiling brightly. Dad was present during the cutting of the cake but left with Anderra after the cutting ceremony was done. My Mom managed everything, all alone. Starting from decorating the hall, baking cake, inviting guests and every other thing Mom arranged all alone. Dad didn't even wished me. That Anderra gave me a box of mint chocolate. I hate mint choco as much as I hate her. But that Wooyoung snatched that box from me and finished the whole mint choco within 10 mins.

Today, it was a normal day. School has over already. Today Wooyoung invited me at his house, so I am going there only. I loved being at Wooyoung's. His mother is very kind and his father always brings something or the other whenever I visit them. Today Wooyoung's father is home. As we went inside, Wooyoung and I were warmly greeted by his parents. His mother hugged Wooyoung and then his father came up and took him in his arms. 

I was looking at Wooyoung and his father. I wished my Dad was just like as Wooyoung's. His mother came to me and hugged, "Yeosang, I really missed you, you know. That's why I told Wooyoung to invite you here," she said. "Yes, eomma nim. We didn't met for such a long time, except my birthday, see today I am here." I said also wrapping my tiny arms around her. 

His father came up to me and pinched my cheeks and said, "My little hubby again visited me today after such a long time so I bought a new video game from the mall to play. C'mon boys lets go and play. Lets see who wins." Woo young squealed and said, "You're the best dad ever." I smiled brightly at him and he also smiled a dearly smile at me.

It was so much fun here. We played games, ran around, ate snacks and did a karaoke as both me and Wooyoung loved singing and dancing. I am now returning home as my driver came to pick me up. As I reached home and was entering my house, I heard a very loud scream from somewhere in the house. It sounded like a female voice, it sounded like....MOM. I ran inside as fast as possible. I came into the living room but no one was there.

Again I heard the scream, but couldn't make out where it came from in this big house. I was running around like a maniac trying to find the source of the loud screams. I was sweating hard and panting for breathe. None of the maids are here. Where are all of them? I was standing at the end of the living room in a dark corner from where the whole living room along with the stairs which leads upstairs are visible.

As I was going to make my move towards the stairs, I heard the screams are getting more louder as if they're coming nearer. I stayed back in the dark corner, afraid to go out. As I was standing in the dark corner and the stairs are visible to me, I saw Anderra coming down from the stairs. Her side profile, which was visible to me, felt like she had a victorious and evil smirk plastered on her face. She came down and sat at the couch, her legs crossed. Then I saw Dad coming down, dragging someone with him down the stairs.

That person was back facing me and due to that persons long brown hair I assumed her as a female. She was dragged down the stairs by my dad. Is she one of the maids? But why would dad drag a maid down like this? Her body was lifeless. I don't even know if she was unconscious or dead. Dad came down, along with the unknown female. He mercilessly threw her on the floor and that female is now facing me.

My heart stopped beating, my knees were shaking, my breathing hitched and my vision is getting blurry. The woman is none other than my MOM. MY MOM. SHE'S LAYING THERE, ON THE FLOOR, BLOOD COVERING HER WHOLE FACE AND BODY. SHE LOOKED PALE AND LIFELESS. SHE HAS BEEN BEATEN UP BY THAT DAD OF MINE ALONG WITH THAT FREAKING ANDERRA. SHE'S BEEN FREAKING BEATEN. IF IF I WAS AN ADULT, I WOULD'VE JUST GOT OUT AND KILLED THOSE BLOODY FREAKS.