39.Let it go

I've decided to leave this line for comments on the motivational pictures <3

EPILOGUE

Martin Luther King Jnr. once said if you can't fly then run if you can't run then walk if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward. "Come on guys, this is the last timer" I groan before rushing over to stay with Brayden, the camera finally captures my group of friends with each of them doing silly things.

Whoever said a picture says thousands of words may be right. The others gather around me as I wait for the picture to print, it eventually does making a smile form on my lips. It was the first picture I was going to put on my board if I didn't count the numerous ones I had of Brayden and myself from our countless dates.

"I love it"

"where's my other arm ?"

"You guys look at the way Brayden stares at Anna. Whipped"

The last person was Jacob making me bite my bottom lip to hide my smile. I look at the picture and notice Brayden staring at me with a huge smile on his face while I laughed at whatever Lori had whispered last minute.

"I can stare all I want, she's mine," he says before placing a quick kiss on my lips making me more embarrassed, I haven't gotten used to the whole PDA thing, to be honest, I haven't gotten used to anything in the relationship but I loved everything Brayden showed me.

"come on dude, that's just cringe," Chris says making everyone laugh and I take a quick picture.

For my last art assessment, I had to draw what mattered to me the most, and I've decided to do a painting of my family and friends. They're too busy arguing so I quickly print it and go place it in my mini art studio. We haven't moved yet, my mums still waiting for Aaron to decide the college he wants to attend.

The door opens revealing the boy who had me wrapped around his finger. After my confession to Brayden, I expected him to at least avoid me for a day or two, instead, he showered me with kisses. He took some time off school so we could go on dates and as much as I discouraged him, Brayden was too stubborn.

My mum had grown fond of him again. Sometimes I think she just can't decide to either hate him or love him especially when he decided to get homeschooled with me. His parents tried to convince him otherwise but his mind was made up. It's no surprise they haven't asked to see me yet.

We disagreed, a lot. Especially when it came to me trying to drop my smoking habits.

I cried a lot but we always came back together and he let me understand relationships aren't always the icing on the cake. A relationship doesn't survive based on love alone, It involves progress, effort, and sacrifice. I have been clean for a month now, it doesn't sound that big of a deal but it matters to me and Brayden made sure to celebrate me.

Slowly, but gradually my mum's starting to trust me again. Ever since our bathroom talk, we've all become closer, including Aaron. After much thought and nights thinking I'm good at nothing, I have decided to be a psychotherapist and Brayden thinks it's a good occupation for me, according to him I had first-hand experience so I could relate with my clients.

After my recovery, I went to church. Apart from getting over my smoking habits, it was the biggest step ever. I apologized to God and thanked him for my third chance in life before promising I would make good use of it. I also took a step further by telling all my friends the truth about why I skipped school. Lori cried, Jacob didn't leave my house for about a week till Brayden and my mum lost it and Chris just visited every day. Whenever he couldn't, he would facetime me. It made me feel guilty about how much I had held onto the past, I didn't realize how refreshing it would be to start again.