18.The party invitation

I've decided to leave this line for comments on the motivational pictures <3

"favorite color?" he asks

"yellow, like the mustard type of yellow" I emphasize because that's just how I am. I always have to add something. This is why I never talk because I have no control and in the end, everyone will see me the way they did in fifth grade. The fat talkative. His laughter brings me out of my thoughts, and even though I'm used to people laughing at me something about this time felt nice.

When did mocking ever seem so warm?

I blame all this on the daily roof meetings after lunch.

Finding a segregated spot has been troublesome considering, Casper's back in school. Almost every opportunity he had was spent trying to speak to me, but something or rather someone managed to keep him away. That was if ignoring him didn't work. For now, I don't think there's anything he could say to turn back time and erase that feeling of his lips roughly attacking mine, as well as his fingers crawling up my stomach.

"there's a party tonight, let's go," Jacob says, more like commands immediately he gets to the table

Ignoring his words I sip out of Brayden's drink, trying my best not to pay attention to the glare he has been sending me since the moment I placed my straw inside the cup.

Lately, eating noises don't drown me. They are definitely still there, alongside my frown from the exaggerated sound but, they never leave me close to attacks like before. Probably because these days we hardly eat at the table. Daily we had something to discuss, one would think our motto was a topic a day keeps the doctor away. Then there was the fact that Aaron had made sure beverages were always in my bag. Whenever I did forget to eat, I would have a drink to keep me going.

"But we've been invited, and this is the most I've ever seen you speak in a while, Annalise." Chris smiles hoping that was convincing enough, unfortunately, Aaron had all my attention. "Imagine what would happen if you let go some more and went for a party" From the corner of my eyes I notice him wiggle his eyebrows, with no idea how much he's managing to irritate me. His words were fact but, I still had my reasons for avoiding parties.

Something no one but Aaron knew.

"Count me out"

Lori takes a seat sighing exaggeratedly, when no one answers her she sighs again.

"what the fuck is it Lori?" Jacob half yells

She smiles "I found the one"

And here we go again.

Lori every lunchtime this week is "hey guys this is...." And that's how it goes, each day a new boy.

"where is he?" Chris asks the question on everyone's mind.

"His name is Adrian. Just transferred here with his sister but I haven't approached him yet. This one takes time" she whispers her eyes shining with so much excitement, I can't help but think she's referring to cotton candy at the annual fair.

"oh, I know him we basically grew up together till I moved here," Brayden says earning her full attention before Chris decided to make a contribution "well here he comes," he says nodding towards the new boy approaching the table.

"why?" I mutter wanting to wipe off the curve on Brayden's lips.

Lori glares at me but before she can say anything, the boy taps Brayden's shoulder. They do their bro hug thing, exchanging words among themselves and every part of me prayed he would walk away when he was done. Life hated me enough to let Brayden offer him a seat. I don't miss Lori subtly checking him out, making my left eyebrow raise in amazement.