11.The drama finale

After a suggestion from staceywithnancy23 , I've decided to leave this line for comments on the motivational pictures <3

All my life, I've disliked drama and luckily it never came my way until I walked into the cafeteria today. It wasn't really hard minding my business and never pushing people's buttons it was actually the other way around. My mind travels back to the days they would call me names and laugh at me in the cafeteria, till I found horrible ways to block their taunting. To be honest, Lori was the reason I gained enough courage to start coming to the cafeteria again. Before her, my lunch was spent in the classrooms. 

That's when I learned people fear quiet people. When you speak back, in unsaid words you're saying you have enough time to listen to their rumors and hurtful words, but when you stay quiet with no emotion whatsoever they have this inferiority knowing they've failed to get under your skin. It took me about ten years, but once I discovered this, I failed to give them my attention making me too boring to focus on considering every insult thrown my way was met with silence. No tears, no frown, no rage, just a blank face. Yet, here I was with my own share of high school drama served hot.

My eyes move to Casper, and he fails to meet mine knowing what had happened very well.  I feel my cheeks sting from the girl's palms that had come in contact with it. She sure deserves the credit for the metallic taste in my mouth.

"I don't hit girls but if you hit her once more, I promise you'll get what you deserve without me raising a finger" I hear a voice from beside me, it comes from Brayden but it sounds nothing like him.

It sounds too serious, almost like a threat and I fear what he could actually do. You could tell he wasn't one of those boys who barked but never bit. I made a mental note to never step on his toes and probably also avoid him altogether as a person. Earlier this week I noticed a scar that ran along his arm but hid in his shirt, it didn't take a genius to know he was a fighter unlike me. Too many things stood out about him but, he managed to hide them well with his funny remarks and permanent smile.

"well I'm a girl and I can hit her," Lori says reaching for Jessie but Chris pulls her back in time to not get expelled.

This was all just unnecessary, I mean I would never have told anyone he kissed me so his fear was a waste and now it had caused teen drama for people's entertainment.

One look at Casper I could tell he regretted his actions from the moment her palm landed on my face. Honestly, I don't hate him anymore instead I pitied him. He disgusted me but I still felt bad for him.

With my fingernail in my mouth, I chewed whatever was left ignoring Lori's little investigations as she questioned a crying Jessie and an awfully quiet Casper.

I wonder why this girl cries like they've been together for a year. I mean they just got together yesterday, I would never shed tears for a one-day boyfriend. Who am I to talk after all I never had a boy that close to me to give the title.

Don't get me wrong Casper was not my first kiss, I did grow up around Aaron's friends and clubs used to be my second home - so yeah.

Speaking of the devil, I feel Aaron close by with his group of friends who think they are in some high school movie and they are the coolest kids. The girls around them continuously feed their ego, when in reality they were all lost. Lost in some world where people only befriended them, out of fear of being hated by them.

The nail doesn't seem chewable so I chew on my hoodie's drawstring, the tip is metal so when it touches my tongue I curse myself for not doing this earlier. The cool metal tip danced in my mouth as I watched them in boredom.