25.The saving bell

Comments on motivational quotes <3

Time goes slowly; too slowly. And I'm stuck replaying all that happened this morning over and over in my head, till a little smile forms on my lips. Then there was a class where we had homework to paint something or someone that had value to us. I could care less about what I was asked to draw but that didn't seem like the case among the other students.

Just like Lori and the boys who are currently arguing about who I should draw among the three of them, if only they knew none of them are part of the options.

"Hello," Jaden says too excitedly as he sits at our table

"what do you want?" Brayden asks irritated. From our conversations I know he cares for his brothers but he just didn't enjoy showing it. Jaden ignores him and turns to me with a smirk on his face. What is it with the males of this generation and smirking? I want to ask, but I stay quiet.

This time I cage Brayden's drink in my hand and slurp away so he doesn't finish it like before, he notices but doesn't wipe away the stupid smirk.

"can't I sit with you guys just for the sake of lunch?" he asks innocently, too innocently if you ask. Like he wants something. I think it's the way his green eyes hold excitement.

Jacob scoffs not bothering to hide that Jaden has his attention.

"let me help Brayden rephrase his question, what do you want from Anna?" Chris says in a way like he was explaining something to a child.

This makes everyone on the table laugh well except me, I stare in confusion.

I could tell Brayden didn't want Jaden to speak from his eye did this sly movement thing, making me more interested than before.

"what do you want Jaden?" I ask

"party" one word he says and my interest starts to fade.

"no" I reply not even waiting for him to go on

However, he still has a hopeful expression which makes my confusion grow.

"Not just any party" he goes on but Jacob cuts him off

"Trust me, we've heard that line so many times on this table"

He ignores Jacobs attitude and goes on, at least tried too before Lori cuts him off

"just move on Jaden"

"oh my god, shut up already. I came for Lise ok so let me Lori" he exclaims

"it's Annalise" I whisper against my straw

"it's a cute nickname, considering everyone seems to have one for you" he states proudly not realizing how dumb he sounds. I hear Brayden mutter a few words but I don't make anything out of it.

"you were saying Jaden," I say earning his attention

He sends the rest of the table a glare before meeting my eyes.

"party" Jacob scoffs at his repetition of words, Jaden glares at him then turns back to me.

"my birthday party this Saturday, at my house. Everyone will be there" I stare back emotionlessly till his words register in my mind and he arch's an eyebrow

"your birthday, aren't you triplets?" I emphasize the word triplets

He nods excitedly like he hit his jackpot. Why didn't Brayden tell me his birthday was coming up?

I'm so forgetful.

Under expectant stares, the bolts in my head spin thinking of what to get him that he would always remember. It was something I did for all my friends.