07.The betrayal of a friend

I've decided to leave this line for comments on the motivational pictures <3

"oh no" Lori mumbles under her breath, I usually wouldn't care about her reactions to gossip but the deafening silence of the usual noisy students has me looking up. There are still people talking but you can tell something has their interest.

"hey, move" I call out to Casper and some girl whose clothes left little to the imagination. I am not one to judge, but are these clothes for school?

Casper looks upset for some reason. It was the jaw thing he did regularly that gave it away, but I was far more interested in whatever had everyone whispering.

"where have you been Casper?" Jacob asks stuffing his mouth. Casper's usual sit next to me is taken by Brayden today and I really wanted to push him away because of how pleasant he smelt. It was this woody scent and probably something else, but one thing for sure was his cologne sat well with me.

"were you missing?" I ask confused earning a snicker from Chris, while the rest try to hold their laugh. Well except Brayden he was slouching on the chair with his eyes closed, but the little smile on his face was proof he was awake.

"you never pay attention love," he says before sitting up

"I told you not to call me that, and why are you still here? Fuck" the last word comes out hushed but I know he heard it well.

I can't tell if it's my outburst or his nickname for me that has them shocked, but they all look excited or confused including Casper's girl. Well except Casper, he looked hurt which really confused me. Was he into Brayden?

"introduce me, Casp," she says too flirtatiously, bouncing on her toes.

"yeah, introduce her Casp" Jacob manages to say in between his laughing fit

Casper looks at me with a smirk. "this is my girlfriend Jessie" he states as if it's a proud thing while the girl bounced on her toes with some sort of silly excitement. Only if he knew how dumb they looked.

"I looked up for this" I groan before placing my head back on the table.

"you're meaner in person," Casper's girl says but who am I to argue. It would just bring me down to her level which seems to be beyond low.

"watch it barbie" Lori snaps

The girl scoffs, the sound of the chair scraping lets me know that they both decided to sit down.

Why would Casper smirk at me? Is it because I yelled yesterday?

Plus, why would he date this girl? I mean we aren't dating or anything but he's my friend and I expected him to at least speak to me? I guess? I don't know. My eyes close to avoid looking at anyone so they don't see how I truly feel about this union because even I don't know how I feel concerning it.

"Could this day get worse?" I hear Lori mutter. I wonder as well Lori because after this mess of a day I have to go home and sit at a table with my mum and Aaron.

I hear the girl moan, fucking disgusting. Casper is definitely on my hate list right under Brayden.

My nails dig into my palm at the sound of their make-out session. If I had eaten before, I will definitely be throwing up right now.

Casper knew I hated these sounds, everyone except Brayden on this table knew. His brothers had found other tables but he just wouldn't leave. Pest.

The sounds go on, and if I was a person who cared what people thought. I would have stayed to avoid rumors but my hands shook with growing anxiety. Not stopping my brain, I push the chair back sending Casper the middle finger, he smirks for the wrong reasons.

He smirks because he probably thinks I have feelings for him now.

But I send him the middle finger for almost making me have an anxiety attack among these fools.

I walk away not because I care what they would say but because the old building had slowly become my safe place, with that wall that never left plus no one there judged me.

The place is empty as usual, so I sit on the floor closing my eyes. I really need a joint right now but the angry footsteps I hear following me put the hunger on pause.

"you don't get to do that" I hear him yell

I sit patiently not saying a word.

"fucking answer me" he repeats in the same tone shaking me

"don't fucking touch me" I yell, since we're yelling let's go then. Not only him gets to yell.

He laughs sarcastically. "I knew you liked me, I just don't understand why you are burying the feelings," he says

Well, I guess being with that girl made him drunk. He must read my confusion because his laughter dies down replaced with a small frown.

"you think this is about you getting a girlfriend?" I ask confused as I get up trying my best to look less inferior next to him than I did from the floor.

"yes?" he says unsure

"you are bloody wanker Casper" I laugh mockingly enough to hurt him "And to put an end to this madness of yours, I don't like you Casper and I never will. You know why?" I ask staring at him with nothing but pity.

He steps back hurt and confused

"because Casper you only see your fucking self and no one else" I yell as my cheeks get wet from the tears that pour for an unknown cause.

He stares confused, I don't blame him. No one has ever seen me cry and now that I do, I don't even know why I'm crying. I just have this urge and it's so bad because I try to stop it by wiping it away but they keep coming. So much has happened this past month, and I'm starting to think that maybe bottling everything up was a wrong escape.

"I don't get it, if you don't have feelings for me then why were you upset and why are you crying right now?" concern dripping from his voice as he reaches for me

I take a step back and it's no surprise the wall is there for me.

"I don't know? They just keep falling" I mutter wiping them away

"why can't you accept you have feelings for me?" hurt in his eyes

"exactly, always your satisfaction first. You're so blind that you can't see I nearly had an attack in there and all you see is your stupid idea of me liking you. Like where the fuck did that come from?" I spat causing him to take a few steps away from me

We stare at each other shocked at my words. Casper was a person I never fought with, he has played Aaron's role in my life ever since we met and so I would never like him any other way.

"Just. Leave me alone" I hiss frustrated, I really just want to smoke. To feel the smooth paper against my lips and let the smoke calm my nerves

"I can't leave you" he whispers before his lips crash on mine.

First things first, THANK YOU❤️ !!!!!!!!

When I saw 600 reads I nearly choked, I really can't believe it. I slept at 500 and woke up to this. Thank you so much.

Next thing, that was some serious cliffhanger 😝

What do you guys think will happen next?

Your comments make me eager to keep updating.