37.The past stories

I've decided to leave this line for comments on the motivational pictures <3

"We need to talk Annalise"

Immediately the words leave his mouth I sigh only because I knew they were coming, yet it didn't stop the feeling of uncertainty that he is going to leave me. Somehow with the feeling of fear, peace seems to exist which I'm blaming on the last few days of hearing him tell me how much he missed me.

Brayden smells so good, making me wonder how he's willing to lay next to me when I smell like nothing but a mixture of antiseptic and medicine. I feel a faint smile form on my face as I remember the hug we shared and the look in his eyes every time I catch him staring at me.

It was better than I imagined, and just like in the numerous novels I read during my spare time, I felt sparks, butterflies, and the best of them all, warmth.

"When did you start taking drugs?" his tone which is composed is a complete contrast to the question, making me move away slightly but he pulls me back

"I'm not a drug addict if that's what you fear" I look away feeling slightly hurt and... embarrassed

"so why did you take those drugs, where you trying to ..." he pauses and I know it's just because he doesn't want to hurt me

"I didn't mean to overdose, and I can only imagine what you all went through. I'm sorry" I apologize. I heard it all. Their crying and painful confessions. I really did want to wake up just to tell them I'm fine but there was no way, it felt like I was drowning in a pool with no one close by.

"I'm sorry for hanging out with Ava, I didn't mean to spite you"

"it was a lot more than that Brayden and please don't mention her name," I say trying to ignore how childish I just sounded

He chuckles at my obvious jealousy. "don't tell me you're jealous" he laughs

"leave me alone"

"come on babe, this may just have made my year," he says before hovering over me.

"was she worth it?" I ask feeling slightly irritated. From what I saw and heard she's basically the opposite of me. She's loud, not bright academically and she is really pretty. Of course, it hurt to see her with Brayden, especially after their kiss at his party.

Ignoring my question, he stares at me with a certain intensity in his eyes. Brayden grabs my hand gently, placing it against his chest where his heart beats rapidly against my palm in a way that makes me giggle. "Only you do this to me, Annalise Zion. I don't know where I'm getting the confidence to do this but we only live once" And like that with one glance at my lips, he leans down and captures them. My hands quickly wrap around his neck closing the space between us, as his lips move against mine passionately. I missed him so much, I could give him all of me on this hospital bed and I wouldn't regret it.

The kiss is soft almost like he's afraid to harm me, yet it's dominating like he's claiming me. His scent floods my nose as I arch my back wanting to feel him against me. His shirt does a horrible job at creating distance between us, and as I feel his muscular abdomen meet my stomach I gasp.

He pulls away quickly with only concern in his eyes, and it's at that moment, on the hospital bed with his black hair scattered about and green eyes as bright as ever that I realise, I love him.

"Are you okay?" His breathing heavy, not bothering to reply, I push away every fatigue I feel, and lean up to place a chaste kiss on his lips.

We stare at each other for what seems like eternity, I note everything about his face I've never seen before. The tiny scattered brown spots around his nose they almost look like freckles. The stubble growing underneath his sharp jawline. My hands gently trace his face as he stares at nothing but me.