26.The invite

Comments for motivational quotes <3

Yes, a small three-letter word that traps you in ways unimaginable. Today is Friday and I still haven't bought Brayden a present then there's the fact that I'm still reconsidering going to the party. Maybe because I hadn't been to one in years and I foolishly said yes.

Brayden told me I didn't have to come if I didn't want to, but I know how much birthdays mean to him so I reassured him I would come, and here I am two days later regretting ever saying yes. 

Why couldn't I say no?! ugh!

Fucking hell, I need to smoke

I head to my wardrobe but it's empty, the old me wonders how I forgot to buy a pack this whole week?

Brayden a small voice echoes in my head, and I don't bother to fight it because this is my new reality. I was too busy with him to get stressed enough to need a cigarette.

I run my hand through my hair before deciding to call the only people I like enough to ask for advice.

Lori's the first too pick up. Her eyes bright as ever like an innocent little child, the background is one I remember as her bedroom and just when her connection strengthens she squeals. "I can't wait to tell Chris and Jacob you love me more"

Her excitement dies down when she sees the other numbers, and soon all three of them are staring back at me with different facial expressions.

"Here I was thinking, we were having some bonding time" Chris pouts

"And she would call you" Jacob scoffs

"Tell me about it" Lori adds

Somehow in what appears like the blink of an eye, they start arguing and my stress level multiplies.

"shut the fuck up" I yell

Their mouths left open waiting for me to state why I had called them.

"man, I have a girl to fuck and you're wasting my time. Not everyone spends Fridays in their rooms" Jacob states truthfully, even though we all know if that girl meant more than me, he would have hung up. Because that's Jacob; no faking.

"I hope it doesn't get up"  I grumble sending him the middle finger in the process

Chris and Lori laugh at this making him scoff at me.

"I need your advice you guys and swear you won't tell a soul" I plead as I debate letting my guard down just for some green eyed boy

"I knew you had a child, ha" Chris basically yells

"shut up Chris" Lori yells

After a chorus of I promise, I finally decide to tell them my problem.

"he said to come for his party, why would you want to get him a present?" Jacob asks with no hint of humor

"oh Jacob, Jacob so naïve and foolish as always" Lori mocks

"I need to get him a gift it's only right" I explain trying to stop a fight from breaking out

"give the man some good sex, he hasn't fucked anyone since he laid eyes on you" Chris smirks pleased with his silly remark which I choose to ignore. Unlike what I think most people believe, everything is about sex.

"what would you want from a girl?" I ask Jacob and Chris

"sex"

"her in a lingerie"

They say at the same time and laugh at each other's stupidity. It frustrates me how they can't be serious now but then again, I expected nothing more so I can't say I'm disappointed.

"I'm serious you guys" Making them realize how genuine I am

Instead of mind-blowing ideas, all I get is silence. I knew I shouldn't have called them

"just forget this" I mutter before leaving the call

They try calling back but I just check up on the shoes I ordered yesterday before turning my laptop off, after several failures I receive a message from Jacob saying I should take Brayden to dinner.

A smile forms on my lips at this knowing fully we'll he only likes to act tough. The simple truth is that he's soft and that's why he didn't send this message on the group chat.

I reply thank you and he sends me the middle finger emoji.

Lori messages the group later saying I can get him a cap or watch, Chris suggests a designer backpack.

All that ran through my mind was, things will spoil or get lost but the memories will be stuck and with that, on my mind, I stick to Jacob's idea and start searching for restaurants close by. However there was another problem, why would he leave his party for me?

Maybe I could take him before the party

Or maybe after.

After many hours of contemplating and overthinking, I decide to take him to my mum's restaurant at eleven-thirty this evening so I could be the first to wish him a happy birthday.

Deciding on my final choice, I type the message, and just when I want to press send. Millions of scenarios run through my mind and each of them ends with him either saying no or ignoring me.

Closing my eyes, I press send and immediately press the power button.

Just like the countless voices in my head warned me, one minute passes and no fucking response.

I open my phone to delete the message at how pathetic it looks, but he types ok and asks for the address. My eyes widen at the message and that's when I realize I haven't even spoken to my mum about using her restaurant.

"Mum" I yell while running down the stairs

she meets me at the last step with a confused facial expression

"slow down sweetie, what's the problem?" her eyes scan my body for injuries

"I'm fine, no I'm not. I actually need a reservation at the restaurant" her face morphs into a happy one and I can tell the wheels in her brain are turning as she tries to figure out what I'm up to.

"I'll call Brent and let him know" she tries to hide her smile but I see it

"for how many?" I clear my throat at her question, maybe because I didn't think about how this looked on everyone else's path. Even Brayden. Oh my days, I left him on read.

"two" and without waiting for a response I dash to my room with my phone still in my hands

He had typed some more, just asking the time and if I was ok because I hadn't replied to the first message. I quickly reply to him before staring at the mirror. And that's when for the second time today I am left in confusion because I can't think of anything to wear or what to do with my hair.

3.4k y'all are really making my day and I just got back ❤️🫀