46

—-

—-

"Fancy seeing you here." Jay's dark raspy voice rippled through the halls as he spoke to the girl standing there quietly.

"Mhm." Davina hummed. The little incident that happened a while ago had still had the two furious over each other, none felt like making up.

"Where's Yoori?"

"How should I know? She's always with Sunoo nowadays because he nags her to get him blood."

"Then how about Yujin?"

"Pretty sure she's taking a nap with Sunghoon."

"Then why did I even come here?"

"I don't know why did you?" Jay raised a brow causing the girl's eyes to turn sharp.

Davina faced the door and was about to leave before she was tugged on by two hands. Jungwon and Ni-ki who had awkwardly laughed while holding onto her.

"Don't leave so soon!! Come have lunch with us." Jungwon smiled and pushed her towards Jay.

"I don't really have a reason to be here, I should get going but thanks for the offer." She cleared her throat once again trying to exit the palace.

The butler had already came and set all of the food at the table, with a plate for Davina. "M'lady have lunch, it's my hard work." Said the butler.

Davina sighed, "alright."

"Oh Davina when did you get here?" Another voice entered the room. Yoori. She came along with Sunoo.

"A few minutes ago, did Yujin wake up yet?"

"Yea, she's coming down in a bit. Let's have lunch I'm starving because I kept wasting my time getting this lazy asshole some blood."

"You still get this lazy asshole blood because you care about him don't you?" Sunoo smirked widely, Yoori rolled her eyes "I don't but I know you care about me more don't you?" She grinned slyly.

Sunoo flustered up, "Why would I care about you huh? You're just some weird purpled eyed wimp."

"Well it's not worser than some, fake immortal." She whispered the last two words into his ears.

"Whatever."

"Hey will you you guys stop bickering about who's worse or not, and you two haven't you made up yet?" Yujin questioned Davina and Jay while taking her seat next to Sunghoon.

The two said nothing and just had an expressionless face, Yujin shook her head.

Time skip —-

"I have something to show you." Davina beamed with sparkling eyes, she was so happy it was indescribable to tell how she was like at the moment.

Davina placed leaves on the soft bedsheet, she raised her hands up and slowly I could hear the leaves rustling. From my view, the leaves leisurely floated in thin air.

My jaw dropped, I reached out my hands to touch the floating leaves. "Davina this is amazing how did you find out how to do this?"

I found one of my grandmas old spell books that Yoori gave me a while ago, I found so many spells so I decided to practice them over the weeks."

"This is so cool Davina I'm glad you're finding your true self."

Davina smiled, pulling me into her warm embrace. "I love you bestie."

"I love you even more." I chuckled, Davina ruffled my hair before picking herself up from the bed.

"I should get going, it's getting late."

I quirked my lips up and nodded, "I'll see you later, bye!! And be careful outside."

"Don't worry I will, you know me."

Davina shut the door, and near the corner she was greeted with two cold eyes. Jay.

Davina was about to walk away until Jay sped up to her and grabbed her wrist. Davina could read his face like a book, he was hesitant.

"Davina, I'm sorry."

Davina's eyes were already flooded with tears, "You hid something from me that you'd know be important and it was about my family. But you thought that I'd bring danger, you hurt me you know that?"

"I- I know. I shouldn't have been, it took me long to realize."

Tears rolled down her eyes, "This isn't the first time, I trusted you. Just leave me alone for now." She sniffled before shutting the door and leaving the house.

——