1 | welcome

Mulai dari awal

I've been homeschooled since second grade, and all of a sudden my parents thought it would be a great idea to enrol me in an actual school so I can learn to socialize. It's literally my senior year and it's already midterms... tough luck.

Worst of all, I look like a boy. A very feminine looking boy.

(🌟 Author's noteP.S. Sohyun is a girl! More description about her in the next few chapters🌟 I will use he/him pronouns on her for a while but it will make sense in the next chapter)

"There's nothing to be afraid of. You can do it, baby!" She kissed my forehead and the students by the front gates laughed.

I took a deep breath and entered the school's premises. It feels so odd to be surrounded by many boys who are wearing the same thing as me. I barely wear suits, so this whole uniform thing isn't working out for me too well. The girls have a really pretty uniform, with cute skirts and a bow on their collars.

Once I entered the classroom filled with students around my age, I felt like a ball of string tangled into a clump of mess. I felt it in my stomach as well; that sickening feeling.

Everyone already seemed to have their own cliques and what-nots. I'm still struggling to find a desk that could hide my existence once again, but would still be able to access a view of the chalk board.

So much for wanting to start off fresh... I instantly received multiple stares from each person. Some looked confused, others amused, then there were the rude stares. I feel like a prey.

"Everyone, quiet!" The teacher yelled over the screeching voices. "We have a new student today, please warmly welcome him. Introduce yourself, sweetheart."

"Hello, my name is Kang S-Sohyun..." what the hell do I say? I didn't think I would be doing this first thing. "I'm new here. Please take care of me."

Gosh, I completely just embarrassed myself.

"Sit beside Beomgyu, over there." The teacher pointed at a seat near the back. I kept my head down while making my way towards my new seat mate.

"N-Nice to meet... you, S...S-Sohyun!" That Beomgyu guy mocked my stutter. I completely ignored him, already knowing that he's bad news.

"Hey, why are you ignoring our boss?" The person behind me smacked my head with quite a strong impact.

"Nice to meet you." I sighed heavily. I took out my new school supplies, and I heard a couple of chuckles around me.

"Are you in elementary?" My seat mate took my mechanical pencil that has Rilakumma on it, giving me a side eye. My other supplies are from Sanrio, since I really like their characters.

"Is there anything wrong? I think it looks very cute." I bluntly told him.

"I think I found my new replacement..." Beomgyu smirked and turned back to announce something to his friends. "Tell that Huening kid he's free now."

"Your fault for talking back to him." His friend stuck his tongue out at me. The name tag on his uniform spells out Kim Leo. He has strong cat-like features.

I never even took the time to examine this Beomgyu guy, who already managed to raise up my blood pressure in just minutes. I haven't even looked at his face.

Taking up all the courage to, my eyes diverted from my books onto his face. His awfully handsome face...

Why are all good looking guys either taken or assholes? I just don't get where all the nice boys are. Do they even exist?

This Beomgyu guy has the most perfect face I've ever seen. Not even idols or actors on TV could compare to his mesmerizing beauty. How could someone be so blessed with such healthy hair, a pretty nose, big eyes, tiny face, clear olive skin, perfectly tall height, but absolute shit personality-

"Stop checking me out. You're dead meat later if I catch you staring at me for one more second. One... one second over, you really had the guts to challenge me." He shook his head.

I just rolled my eyes and continued listening in class, completely ignoring what just happened earlier.

By the time lunch came by, I was dragged by some girls to the rooftop where Beomgyu and his minions hanged out. He has a couple of guys friends, who all look like they could easily crush me with their palms. The girls have thick eyeliners and raised up skirts.

They're all smoking cigarettes, and the smell is suffocating. Especially since I have asthma, my lungs can't take it too well.

"Babe, you know that piece of garbage was checking me out earlier?" Beomgyu pulled some girl by the waist, and they began making out- or eating each other's faces, that works fine too.

"Fuck you, ugly gay bitch!" She popped her bubble gum that smells like smoke, spitting it into my hair. "Who the hell do you think you are?"

"I don't give a damn about your boyfriend. He can go fuck himself! He's all yours, take him! Go ahead." I rolled my eyes and tried to leave.

"Church boy can swear, huh?" Leo chuckled and locked the door that leads to the stairs, so I can't get out.

"You didn't just curse me out, did you? Nobody does that to me." I felt shivers on my neck, as Beomgyu creeped behind me.

I suddenly felt a strong impact on my legs, only then realizing that one of the girls hit my calfs to make me fall. I fell hard on the cement, bruising my knees.

What the hell is wrong with these people?

"Is this funny to you? Making people suffer?" I turned to look at Beomgyu, and he snickered.

"Basically," he lifted my chin with his pointer finger. "You'll never be welcome here, outsider."

__________________________

P.S. I know there's gonna be a lot of confusion about this at first, so reminder again that Sohyun is a girl! More description about her in the next few chapters:) Hopefully this first chapter wasn't too boring huhu

Song: HYUKOH (혁어) — Tomboy (톰보이)