Ch. 54

Chan POV

Time skip
2 months later

A

fter a while of therapy, pounds upon pounds of unconditional love and the leave of his mother, Dae started to get better.

He started to talk to me, and to tell me how much he loves me, all about his day, what he was watching on Netflix.

Even after that whole shit show, Daehyun, was finally, Daehyun again.

Teachers made reports to me about how he was regaining friends and apologizing to people he pushed away.

Mr. Hwang was talking about how he was doing more schoolwork and beginning to be more active in class.

His grades got better, he handed in his homework and he always made sure that he never hurt someone.

For a while there I was worried that I'd never get my little boy back. I lost him for a whole 6 months.

That's half of a year that I went without my son, and a whole 7 months that Felix was there to support me.

That wasn't even what I thought most about though, I thought most about the best thing that's ever happened to me.

The fact that Dae was happy. That when I picked him up from school, he had a smile on his face to see me again.

The way he hugged me and said these exact words every time I saw him after a while of being apart, "Thank you for coming back daddy."

Every. Time.

No matter how long we had been apart, 30 minutes to 24 hours, those words always rang in my ears. Always.

Because Daehyun always seemed to be so happy to see me, I decided to make it clear that I felt the same way.

Whenever he said that I would respond with, "I'd never leave. I love you no matter what."

At the start he would always cry when I said something like that, but eventually he got used to my love again.

I think at some point he started to realize that I really wasn't ever going to leave him behind.

He started to regain trust in the fact the every morning he was going to wake up to me in the house.

That wasn't going to change anytime soon if I could help it.

Felix was also by my side through the entire thing. We had a few major arguments through this, but it worked out.

Felix seemed to be almost perfect. I couldn't count any of his flaws, because to me, they simply did not exist.

He was, aside from Dae, wlone of the best things that has ever entered my life.

Whenever I thought of him I couldn't help but think about how different this would be if Dae hadn't pushed me to ask him out.

Maybe I would be in much more of a struggle than I am now, or maybe, I simply wouldn't have had one.

Either way, simply having him in my life was enough to pay back whatever could have happened.

He's a part of me that I would never want.to get rid of. Someday, I knew, he would be that person I grew old with.

In some way, I'm glad that Dae-Shin left. It was hard for me at first, but it's lead to a life I wouldn't trade for any other.

I would not have raised Dae the way I did and I probably wouldn't have Felix in my life to kiss me when I'm sad.

I also like to think that all of my friends have made my life so much better. Better than I could imagine.

They always manage to put a smile on my face when I'm in some negative slump.

They also managed to find happiness.

Hyunjin and Jeongin and Minho and Jisung have both fell head over heels with eachother and I watch them love eachother every day.

Changbin and Seungmin are still both single as hell but like, they're in their mid 20's, at what point were they required to find love tlso fast?

Until they do, Seungmin and Hyunjin will continue to bicker until my ears start to bleed.

Changbin will also keep up his regular drunk hookup situations every Saturday night to keep him satisfied.

I swear to God, I'm surprised he hasn't gotten either an STI or some poor girl pregnant.

Actually, he may have a kid somewhere out there, he'd just never.know it as long as he lives.

Maybe he'll see himself in the one TikTok trend someday and have a quarter life crisis.

Who knows.

If all things go as planned, in another 12 months I can propose to Felix.

I know that's a long time away, but I already have plans in my head of how it will all pan out in the end.

I'll take him to the same table at the same restaurant that we did before and propose to him over a view of the city.

If he says no I can die in a hole.of self pity and embarrassment, but if he says yes that's a whole new story.

We'd plan a wedding with a beautiful cake and suits, we could both walk onto the stage at the same time.

Just thinking about it makes my stomach full with the most amazing kind of butterflies.

The ones that make you feel high without actually doing any form of drugs. I swear to God, I could get high off the thought of Felix.

He's just so perfect.

Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky as to have so many amazing people in my life..

1008 words

Heey... I don't know if you can tell from this but I'm putting an end.to this book. ...😬

Please don't be too mad at me..

Also, I deleted the Minsung book, I will start a new one at some point, but that one was just iffy.

Not sure where I was going with it and would not have made a good story.. 

Stay safe, wear a mask and I love you ♥️