Ch. 5

Chan POV

When all was said and done it was time to leave for the day. I had informed Dae of my ice cream plan and to put it bluntly, he was extremely excited.

When we left the school I saw Felix walking with Min-Jun to a car parked on the other side of the lot.

I unlocked the car and told Daehyun to go take a seat.

"What are you doing?" He asked as I started to walk away.

"I saw a cute guy and I want his number." I said smiling, "Now go to the car."

"Ooo~" Dae wiggled his eyebrows as he left, "Tell me how it goes."

I laughed, "Ok- now get over there before you get run over!" I called as he walked faster to the car.

I sighed and made my way over to Felix. He was opening the door for Min-Jun to get in.

"Hey." He said when I got close enough. He closed the car door, "Can I help you?"

"Yeah actually." I started to get kind of nervous as I realized what I was about to do, "Could I uh, I don't even know if you swing this way, but could I get your number?"

He stood still with a shocked expression. "My number?" He asked as if he hadn't heard.

"Yeah. If you don't wanna thats fine, I just wanted to ask." I shrugged like this meant nothing.

I hadn't dated since Dae-Shin left.

"Like, for flirtatious reasons?" He still seemed shocked, "I don't normally get asked that..."

"Yeah, if your not interested I can go." I pointed to me car with my thumb. I was definitely about to get rejected.

Then I would have to go tell Dae and he would tell me that it was all right and I shouldn't feel bad and it happens to everyone and we're getting ice-cream anyway.

"Yeah. Yeah sure." I paused, had I heard that? "I can give you my number." he said.

"Oh great. Here." I handed him my phone so he could enter it.

He typed it in quickly and handed it back. "Text me, yeah?"

"Sure thing." I smiled and we went in our separate directions. I kept my cool until I got in the car.

I layed my head back on the seat.

"What did he say?" Dae asked. "Yes, no?"

"He said yes." I smiled to myself. "Ok. Let's go get some ice-cream." I buckled up and pulled out of the parking lot.

-

As we neared the park we stopped by a small shop. It was Daehyun's favorite and used to be his mothers.

"Alright. Let's go." I got out of the car and soon followed my amazing boy.

Over the car ride he made me tell all of the details of asking someone out for the first time in 12 years.

I'm gonna be honest, I didn't remember it being that nerve wracking. I guess I'm out of practice.

I opened the door to let Hyun in and it rang a little bell. We walked up to the front counter and asked for our favorite flavors.

I ended up getting strawberry cheesecake and Hyunie got root beer.

"Alright. I'm gonna drive to the park and we can eat these there ok?" I asked as we left the small store.

He nodded and licked some off the side of his cone.

. . .

As we walked in the park we found a bench that was pretty clean of bird poop up on a bigger hill covered in trees.

When we sat down we ate in peace making small conversation until I brought something up.

"You know how that ice-cream place is your favorite?" I asked leaning back and putting my arm on the bench beside him.

"Mhm. Of all time." He confirmed nodding enthusiastically. He really did love that place.

"When I first took you there I was still getting over your mom. You want to know why I took you there of all places." I looked at him.

"Some small town ice-cream place in the middle of the city."

He nodded. "Why?"

"That used to be your mother's favorite place too. I took her there on our first date because it was the only place I knew how to get to by bus." I laughed.

We didn't have a car and my parents didn't know about our relationship at that time. We kept it just secret until we found out she was pregnant.

Then I had to tell them. Of course, they weren't impressed, but they got over themselves and helped up out.

When she left they stood by my side and told me that if she was any good for me or my son, she would have stayed.

I still don't know whether or not they were right.

"Oh. I didn't know that. Is my personality like hers?" He asked giving me questioning eyes.

"I little bit, but not much. She was always very happy, just like you." I ruffled his hair as he took another lick of his ice-cream cone.

"What if I don't want to be like her?" He swung his feet back and forth off the bench.

"Why do you ask that?"

"Well she hurt you. I don't want to hurt you."

"Sure she hurt me, but look at it this way, she was a scared 15 year old girl who thought the rest of her life would be ruined by a child. She did what she thought she had to."

"Did I?" He asked.

"Did you what, hunny?"

"Did I ruin your life."

"No of course not. She didn't know it, but you might be the best thing that could of happened to her, and you are the best thing that happened to me."

I pecked him on the forhead and brought him closer.

"Do you think your life could have been better without me?"

"I think I missed some opportunities, but no. I think this is the best life I could possibly have."

"Ok."

"Look. I have a job, money, a home, family, food, but when it comes down to it all, as long as I have you, that's all I need."

He put his head on my chest and I hugged his shoulder with my free hand.

"I love you." He mumbled.

"I love you too. More than you could imagine."

1126 words

Hi hello hey hi how are you hi!

Thank you for reading this far. I love you so much and I hope you're having a great day.

This chapter was a swimming pool infested with wholesome content. I really like it and I hope you did too.

Stay safe, wear a mask and I love you ♥️