Ch. 3

Felix POV

As I drove from work over to my mom's house I listened to music. 'Butterfly' by BTS to be exact.

It was a really calming song after a long day, and I had a long day. There was a problem with one of the patients during the group therapy session today.

They got aggressive and tried to scratch one of the other kids when they asked about some trauma.

I was there to witness the whole thing, and me being in the position I was in, it was my job to calm the conversation down.

I had to try and cool this boy down, and in the process I got scratches all over my arms and torso.

They kind of stung and we had to stop the session early so I could get medical attention because they were deep and bloody.

That was such an easy trigger for a lot of the kids too, so that was a big mess as well.

I pulled up infront of my parents drive way and got out of my car. Trailing up to the front door I rang the bell.

There was a moment of silence before my mom opened it with a worried look.

"Felix hunny, I tried to call you, Min-Jun has been crying non-stop since I picked him up. He won't tell me what its about." She moved to the side to let me in.

"Oh no. He wasn't doing too well this morning either. Maybe he should have stayed home." I started to worry.

What could he have drempt about that scared him so badly?

"He's upstairs in the bathroom. He got a bloody nose from all the crying." She followed me as I jogged up the stairs.

When I reached the bathroom, low and behold, there was Minnie sitting on the floor sobbing as he held a kleenex to his nose.

"Hey hunny." I sat down infront of him. "Are you scared? How are you feeling?" I grabbed his free hand as a comfort.

Sometimes physical touch was a bit of a grounding tool for him.

He nodded. "You're scared?" I asked.

He nodded again. "It's gonna be alright. I'm here. I can help you. Do you want a hug?" He nodded.

I took no hesitation to move beside him and pull his head into my chest so that he was facing forward and I was sideways.

I rubbed his head and played with his hair saying nothing. Every once and a while he would make a whimpering noise.

Every time he did I would tell him it was okay, or that I was here, or I would help him. Reassurance was a big thing for him.

He rarely had trust when someone said something once and only once, so, when this happened, I would whisper sweet nothings until he stopped crying.

After a few minutes the nose bleed stopped and then the crying. My mom came into the room after a moment with a cup of water.

"Thank you." I said before handing it to Junnie.

He took a sip and breathed. A sip and breathed. A sip and breathed.

"Do you want to go home now? You can take a nap before dinner." I suggested. He nodded and slowly I stood up and helped him do the same.

He left the bathroom and went downstairs to go put his stuff on. "Thank you for taking care of him." I said to my mom.

"It's no problem. I just feel so bad for the boy." She sighed and wiped a stray tear from her face.