Ch. 12

Chan POV

That next morning it was Sunday and we had an appointment to get the stitches removed from Daehyun's head.

When I woke up I wasn't alone though. My small child was also in my bed. After we had that conversation last night he didn't want to go back to his own room.

I knew he wanted a mother, so bad in fact, that he was willing to take the one that cause him the pain in the first place.

I never really blames Dae-Shin for leaving, she was young, naive and didn't know how to love a kid, but I'm starting to dislike her.

She was willing to abandon the man she loved, but more importantly, her own son. We had promised that we would both love and take care of him.

You might notice though, that I'm the one holding him tightly on a Saturday nights as he cries about wanting a mother.

I'm the only one that drives him to school, I'm the only one who feeds him, I'm the only one who sings him to sleep when he has nightmares.

I'm the one with him wrapped in my arms on a Sunday morning right before he goes in for a nerve wracking appointment.

She won't be there, I will. I'm the only one who loves this kid the way a parent should. She doesn't. She doesn't even know him.

She left when he was only a few days old. He would cry for his mother when he was younger, and I would sometimes even have to lie and say she would come back.

She left.

"Mm.." Dae grumbled as he woke up, he didn't move or anything though. He stayed laying down.

"You awake baby?" I asked him rubbing circles onto his back.

"Mhm." He nodded slightly. "I'm awake." He murmered.

"Alright. Why don't you stay here and come down when you're ready." I sat up slightly. "I'm gonna go make pancakes."

He nodded in agreement and I stood up. I grabbed some clothed from my drawers and went to the bathroom to change and brush my teeth once more.

When I was done doing what I needed to, I quickly made my downstairs to start on breakfast.

I knew about a recipe of pancakes that Dae absolutely loved. They were thick and fluffy, just the way he liked them.

He also preferred to have cut up fruits on breakfast dishes like these. Something like, maple syrup, whipped cream, strawberries, raspberries, and black berries.

As I got out the pan, bowl and measuring cups that I needed, I recalled my date from yesterday.

It had been a great time and I really did want to do it again sometime, I hoped that Felix felt the same.

It might be hard to balance work, a kid, and a relationship, but I really wanted to make this work.

I just kind of hope that nothing terrible comes in to fuck everything up. That always seems to happen when I'm dating.

At first with my relationship with Dae-Shin it was the pregnancy, but I've come to realize, that was the best mistake of my life.

If I were to do it again though, I would use a condom. One cloud of absolute joy is enough for me.

I cracked some eggs into a smaller bowl and separated the yolks to put the whites into the blender.

The recipe said to whip until they form stiff peaks. This is what makes them so fluffy. Then you stir the leftover yolks into the batter itself.

Light footsteps came paddling down the stairs and out popped Dae.

"Good morning." I smiled softly. "How did you sleep munchkin?"

"Suprisingly well." I dubbed some sleep from his eyes. They were puffy from the night before.

"Here." I reached into the freezer and pulled out an ice pack. "This will help with the puffiness."

"Thank you." He placed it on his eye. "I'm really sorry about last night." He whispered.

"Hm? What about it?" I asked confused. What could he be sorry about? Not having a mother?

"I made a big deal out of something stupid. You should be able to date Felix." He said switching the hand he used to hold the ice pack.

"Oh no buddy, it's okay. You have the right to feel upset about that whole thing. Don't blame yourself." I poured a bit of the batter onto the frying pan and fixed it into a circle.

He stayed silent. "Okay." He finally said.

Felix POV

This fine Sunday was going great. Min had gone quite a while without any major triggers and work was going nicely as well.

Not to mention the fact that I was falling head over heels for one of the hottest men to ever roam this earth.

He was so kind too. I almost felt like texting him to see if we could schedule another date right when I woke up but I controlled the urge.

I figured that if by noon he hadn't texted himself, I would take initiative. I was fully capable of asking someone out.

I'm really not sure where I went wrong today though, because I find myself sitting in the backyard being made fun of my Minho and Seungmin while Hyunjin chases Jun around infront of us.

I don't think I asked for this to happen today.

"So he's cute, but is he really cute? Or is he just tall?" Seungmin questioned.

"No, he's cute!" Minho retorted. They were talking about some guy that Min met at a bar last night.

Surprised he's even here given the fact that he probably has a killer hangover.

He currently shares an apartment with Seungmin while they attend university.

Hyunjin lives on his own in a condo downtown. He works as a... I don't actually know.

He has some boring desk job that I never actually paid attention to, that and he never talks about it.

"He's probably just tall." I sipped my sparkling water as I listened to the drama.

"He is not! Look- I can show you guys a photo!" He pulled out his phone and scrolled to his photo gallery.

Most of his photos were just memes, but he did have a photo of a pretty attractive looking guy.

He wasn't looking at the camera, which suggests Min took it without permission, but he was a good looking guy.

"Ok. You got me there. That a good looking man's." Seungmin nodded sipping his Margherita.

"Told you!" Minho put down his phone. "And his name is Jisung." He smiled proudly.

"Wait, hold on." Something about that name struck in my mind. "Last night Chan talked about one of his friends named Han Jisung..."

I looked at him and his eyes grew wide. "Thats such a coincidence. That's Jisungs full name."

"Wow. So two best friends are dating two best friends." I said under my breath.

"Yes. This is revolutionary." Seungmin broke into the conversation.

Heyo, I don't know if much happened in this chapter but uhm, idk. See you some time soon besties ;)

Stay safe, wear a mask and I love you ♥️