"If you paid attention instead of going full-blown battle junkie, you would have seen it return to its original form and run off."

  "Why didn't you say anything!" I barked as I walked down to the ground. The vortex around me slowed, and the fire and lighting slowly began to subside along with the wind.

  "I tried. You were too lost in the moment to hear me, though."

  "Ngh." My cheeks flushed in embarrassment. "My bad."

  "Mmm," Azrael grunted. "It doesn't matter. What's more important is-"

  "Han!" I exclaimed as I remembered. I turned my head to see everyone running toward me.

  "Han!" Sora cried out as she dropped to her knees. "Ruby!"

  "On it!" Ruby began an incantation. I watched anxiously as she cast the spell. Han's wound closed up, but I saw in my HUD that his HP was near zero. He had a sliver of health left that I could barely see.

  I heard him grunt softly before his eyes and hair began to glow, and the pool of blood around him absorbed into him, bringing his health back to half.

  "Damn, that hurt!" He groaned as he sat up.

  "Han!" Sora and Ruby wrapped their arms around him as they cried softly. "What happened!?"

  "How did you get hurt?" Ruby asked.

  "And what happened to the monster?" The woman who had guided us added.

  I froze as Han's eyes met mine. There was a still silence, but I felt his gaze speak to me.

  Did he see? Did he see me and my Miasma? Did he know I was a monster? If he did, was he about to tell everyone?

  "I don't know," he finally replied. "I just remember being stabbed and blacking out."

  "Did you at least see?" Sora asked fearfully. "Those flames." She continued.

  "....." Han blinked slowly, and his eyes shifted to me for a moment. "The fire that the monster trapped us in?" He asked.

  "No," Sora whispered as she clenched his shirt tightly. "The flames changed."

  "They...they turned black." Ruby shook. "That monster was the Demon King." She looked at me. "That's the monster you have to fight and kill." She walked toward me. "Can't you drop out?" She asked. "Tell your God you don't want to be a Hero anymore."

  "Oh, Thank God they think that monster was the Demon King!" I nearly jumped for joy at the thought.

  "I can't." I sighed softly. "I have to-"

  "You have to lose!" Sora yelled, cutting me off. "If you lose in the next tournament, then you won't be the candidate that has to fight him."

  "Sora, I can't-"

  "You can't kill that thing!" She cried out. "You saw what it did! What even was that? That...that giant funnel of fire, wind, and lightning." Her eyes filled with fear. "How did it do that? How could you ever kill it!?"

  "Mmm..." I grunted uncomfortably. I didn't know how to answer her questions, nor did I know what to say to calm her down.

  "Please, Kichi." Ruby grabbed my hand softly. "Lose." Tears filled her eyes. "You got lucky again." She sobbed softly. "But you can't keep relying on luck to keep you safe."

  "We saw the Demon King running away." Nia meowed softly, her eyes locked with mine. They were filled with amusement, but her face was a lie of worry. "It was like he just wanted to show off his power and not kill anyone."

  "Hngh!" I averted my gaze and scratched my cheek as she called me out.

  "So, I guess you really did get lucky." Nia finished.

  "I'm sure Bunny was fine," Nana snorted. "He doesn't look hurt."

  "It's because he targeted Han, not me. He saw that I wasn't a threat," I laughed weekly.

  I wasn't ready to tell them yet. I wasn't ready to admit the truth to them. The look on their faces when they said that monster was the Demon King let me know what they thought of him. If I told them that I was the Demon King, I was sure they'd look at me the same. The same went for telling them I was an Evolved Monster, just like that thing was.

  "So, after he stabbed him, he mentioned something about noticing I was one of the Heroes and showed off his power. He kept saying I was weak and that no Hero could defeat him now."

  "He said it just like that?" Nia purred as she wrapped her tail and arm around mine.

  "S-something like that." I smiled meekly. "I was too scared to remember."

  "Mmm," Nia hummed. "If you say so."

  "So...it's gone now, right?" The woman asked us. "You said it ran away? Does that mean our village is safe now?"

  "It should be," Han said as he walked past me. His eyes leered at me as he passed.

  "Then this calls for a celebration!" The woman clapped. "Come to the tavern! I work there. Tonight, all your drinks are on the house!"

  ""FREE BEER!!"" Han and I said in sync. He laughed softly.

  "That's the best kind," he rested a hand on his hip with a smile.

  "Anything free is always the best." I shrugged as I walked past him. "So let's go." I motioned for everyone to follow. "I want to get wasted!"