Nightmares

You are having nightmares and Nat helps you

Y/N's point of view
You were currently getting ready to take a nap. Everyone else was downstairs doing what they usually do when they had no missions, which is play video games. You woke up earlier than everyone this morning so you decided to take a nap because you were exhausted. You put on some music so you could fall asleep faster. You laid down on your bed but you felt hot so you took your blanket off. Then you felt cold so you put it back on. And it was hot again so you put the blanket on half of your body while the other half stuck out.

Time skip cause why not

You kept moving around. You were having a nightmare. You haven't had a nightmare in a long time. It was the same nightmare you always had. Before having a family. Before having friends. Before having a girlfriend. Before becoming an avenger. Before everything. You were in a basement being tortured to give away S.H.I.E.L.D's plans. Missions. Anything they could use. You were being tortured for you parents actions. You never knew why until you became an avenger. Your dad was an agent. You never knew who your mother was. Your father said she left when you were born. You don't even know if your father is dead or alive. He went missing on a mission, never came back. You finally accepted that he would be dead. You hated that the nightmare you were having wasn't a nightmare but a memory.

"It seems that Miss L/N is having a nightmare" Jarvis says. Jarvis always alerted anyone who was in the compound when someone else was having a nightmare so someone could wake them up. You were crying. But you were still sleeping. Everyone came into your room instead of the person who always knew how to calm you down from nightmares. Your girlfriend.

"Go get Romanoff" Steve told Peter. Peter ran out of the room and went back to the living room. He looked around but couldn't find Nat so he ran back to everyone.

"She's not here" Peter said out of breath.

"What do you mean she's not here" Wanda said turning her head towards Peter too fast that her hair hit Thor's face.

"She said she was going to go get some snacks since someone ate them all" Clint said glaring at Pietro.

"What I was hungry" Pietro said looking away.

"Miss Romanoff has entered the compound" Jarvis said.

"Tell her to come to Y/N's room" Tony told the AI. Everyone stood there watching you cry and move around. They would've woke you up. But they knew how you go into a panic state when you wake up. They waited for Nat to come up to your room.

"May I ask why all of you guys standing at my girlfriends door" Nat said standing behind everyone with her arms crossed.

"Nightmare" Peter spoke out first. Nat's expression changed and she pushed herself through everyone and saw you. Steve looked at everyone and nodded for them to go back to the living room. Steve closed the door behind him after everyone went out.
Nat walked towards you and sat down by your head. She started to gently shake you awake. She shook you a bit harder and you shot up. You were looking around our of breath until you felt a pair of arms pull you back.

"It's ok. You're ok, you're safe now. I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere" Nat whispered in your ear as you laid down with your back on her chest.

She has her arms around yours. Her hand holding yours while your other hand held her arm. You stayed like that for what felt like forever.

"You wanna tell me what happened now?" Nat asked you. You hesitated for a bit then shook your head.

"It was the same one. The ones I told you about when I first had them" you whispered. You had told Nat about your nightmares when you both first started dating. You told her when she calmed you down from one of them.

It was silent again. Not a awkward one but a comfortable one. You two laid there, cuddling each other like there was no worries in the world. You wanted to break the silence, but you didn't know how. This was the first nightmare you've had in months. Maybe even years. You couldn't really remember. You were really bad at remembering things. Like once you went to the store with Peter. You forgot Peter at the store. You didn't realize until Tony asked where he was. You finally found out something to talk about.

"Remember when I forgot Peter at the store" you said chuckling. You heard your girlfriend giggle.

"How could I? Your eyes looked like they were gonna pop out when you realized it" she said with a smile on her face.

"Why did you ask that all of a sudden?" She asked you a little curious at the sudden memory.

"I don't know, I just now remembered about it" you shrugged and moved. You laid back on the pillow and opened your arms. A signal for Nat lay in your arms. She finally got the signal and laid down next to you. You guys laid there staring into each other's eyes.

"Wanna go to sleep or do you wanna keep staring into each other's eyes? I mean you do have pretty eyes." You said with a smile on your face.

"I thought you wanted to have a staring battle before we sleep" Nat said laughing a little before kissing your forehead. You smiled and closed your eyes.

"I love you" she said with a smile then closing her eyes.

"I love you too" you said in a sleepy voice before dozing off to sleep.

You both fell asleep, holding each other tightly not wanting to let another one go.