Chapter 35- The Date (Part 2):

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️- mature themes

I dragged Eren down to the only open table, praying that no one else would come sit with us. Eren leaned his head on my shoulder and nibbled on my ear.

"When do we get to have sex?" he mumbled coarsely.

"Never," I replied seriously, smacking his face away. "You need to be sober and get through this dinner party."

Eren grinned deviously, crossing his arms, "I'm not gonna bother acting sober if there's nothing in it for me."

I scoffed, "Are you serious right now?"

"I know you want to," he whispered, green eyes shining brightly. Eren bit his lip seductively.

I hesitated. "... Fine. Get through this dinner and maybe I'll reward you."

Eren smirked, "Anything for you, babe."

"We aren't—"

Before I could finish my sentence, two people sat down across from us. They looked to be about Professor Levi and Hanji's age. One was a short woman with ginger hair and amber eyes. The other was a tall man with blond hair thrown into a small bun.

"Hi," the woman said hesitantly, extending a hand to me. "Sorry to interrupt— everywhere else was taken. I'm Petra. This is my friend, Eld."

I shook her hand, opening my mouth to introduce myself. Eren cut me off.

"Hi there. I'm Eren, and this is my girlfriend, (Y/N)."

I shot him a look. I didn't see a reason to pretend anymore— I thought the point of "dating" in the first place was just to convince Annie.

"Oh!" Petra clasped her hands together and smiled. "You're both so young and cute! How long have you been together?"

Eren snaked his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into him: "Six months," he said convincingly, "She can't keep herself off of me." Eren kissed my cheek lightly.

I flushed. How is he able to do this so casually? It comes so naturally to him...

A waiter brought the food to our table. While she cut her meat, Petra asked, "So, where did you guys meet?"

"We go to the same college, actually..."

I let Petra and Eren's conversation fade out into the background while I thought about other things. I figured it was best to let Eren do the talking, since he seemed to have his story laid out quite well. Eld was just as quiet as me, staring down at his plate and eating slowly. Eren had sobered up nicely, and quite quickly as well— lucky for us.

I jolted back to reality when I felt Eren's hand squeeze my thigh tightly. He stared at me through the corner of his eye. I could tell he was dying to leave.

"You're so quiet tonight, beautiful," Eren commented, swallowing his food, pretending nothing had changed. Underneath the table, his hand moved further up my thigh.

"Ah, just tired, I guess," I said, trying to cover my blush.

Petra nodded, "Makes sense. Eren said you guys had a long drive up here."

I nodded back absentmindedly. "Yeah..."

"Well, maybe we should get going, then," Eren said, standing up. "We're sorry to leave you two here."

"Oh, don't worry about it. It was nice meeting you! Have a good night!"

Eren led me away from the table, waving goodbye to Petra and Eld, "You too!" He smiled.