Chapter 34- The Date (Part 1):

(A/N)~ HELLO EVERYONE!!!! I'VE MISSED YOU SM!! Idk why but this week has gone by so slowly and it feels like I haven't seen you guys in forever 😭😭 How have y'all been??

Thank you for coming back to read! I hope you enjoy these new chapters, and pls lmk what you think!! I love and admire you all so SO much-- you have no idea how much each of you mean to me ❤️❤️

Have fun my loves, Muah~

    On Friday night, I sat alone in my dark dorm room, lying face-down on the bed, pouting.

    "I can't believe he's going on a date..." I muttered into my pillow. "I can't stop thinking about it. This is so depressing. Why am I like this?!" I flipped over and flung my pillow off of the bed in frustration.

    My phone buzzed and I peeked at the message. It was from Hitch. I rolled back over to face the wall, not in the mood to talk.

    Another buzz. I didn't move to respond.

    A third buzz. I still didn't answer.

    A forth, fifth, sixth— How many fucking texts is she going to send—?!

    I snatched my phone from my dresser to put it on mute, but as soon as I grabbed it, it began ringing in my hand.

    My eyes widened when the name popped up: Eren? Why is he calling me?

    "Hello?" I answered hesitantly.

    "Ah! (Y/N)! Thank God— Why aren't you answering your texts?"

    "I— I don't know— is everything okay—?"

    Did something happen during his date?

    Eren cut me off and talked quickly, "Listen, I need a favor. My date just cancelled, so I need a fill-in— do you think you can do it?"

    My mouth hung open in shock. Is he joking? What am I— sloppy seconds?

    Despite my thoughts, my words betrayed me: "Yeah... I— I guess I can help—"

    I heard Eren sigh in relief through the phone: "Oh, thank God. Thank. God. Okay, dress in something nice— I'll pick you up in 10."

    The line went dead. I had hardly gotten a word in. Eren seemed to be in a huge panic about this date, or whatever it was that he was doing. I didn't waste time to think everything over. Instead, I threw on a decent looking dress and applied whatever makeup I could in the short time Eren had given to me. Soon enough, I heard him knocking on the door.

    I opened it slowly and greeted him.

    "Howdy," he said, tugging on his black tie. He was dressed up in a plain fitted suit that outlined his figure nicely. I did my best to not get caught staring.

    Eren scanned me up and down. "You look good."

    "I, uh... Thanks," I flushed.

    "We're late, so let's hurry," Eren commented, taking my hand and speed-walking through the halls.

    "Wait— agh! Eren— I can't run in these heels—!" Just as I began protesting, my ankle twisted and I collapsed on the floor.

    Eren spun back around and picked me up bridal-style, quickening his pace. "Sorry about this— I just can't waste time right now." He sprinted down the stairs and through the campus doors, the two of us earning weird stares from other students. "Is your foot okay?" he asked.