Chapter 30- Keycard:

I grabbed a towel, wiped my stomach off, then rushed to the bathroom to pee. When I walked back into the main room, I fell back onto the bed, wrapping myself in the white linen sheets. Why did I let him do that? I groaned. With Eren, I always made the same mistake.

As much as I should have, I didn't regret it— sex with him was really good.

I didn't understand my relationship with him. I mean, things had been so awkward after I had tried confronting him in his car on that one occasion, but we had never addressed it. Although, that was somewhat expected. Eren didn't seem to want to address anything at the moment. Not the scars, not the sudden change in personality and dress— not anything.

I loathed myself for getting sucked in to his new persona so easily. I knew that no matter how he presented himself to the outside world, there was still something wrong. He wasn't better yet— and it killed me to be with him and pretend like his problems didn't exist. Hell, the kid nearly died in front of me, and now I had the audacity to fuck him like nothing was wrong? What kind of person did that make me? Not a good one, clearly.

His only available relationship spots were for homework answers and sexual favors anyway though, so that didn't leave me with many options. Still, I felt that I was slowly building a relationship with him. I knew it would take time— it had only been a little over two weeks since I had decided to restart kindling a friendship, after all— but, I was growing impatient.

Our relationship was more than just sex, though. We had shared a few moments of intimacy together other than that. It's a bad example, but when I hung out with Eren and did his eyeliner, I felt that we had been drawn together, just a bit. But, like I said, that was a bad example.

As I sat in the bed, tossing and turning, I cursed myself: I had to stop lying— my relationship with Eren at this point was just the sex. If we were truly friends, or anything near the sort, he'd talk to me at school, too. Perhaps I had let this go on for too long. Besides, being his side-hoe wasn't going to get me anywhere. Secretly, I had known that, but I didn't want to let what little relationship I had with Eren slip through my fingers.

My phone buzzed, pulling me out of my scramble of thoughts.

—————————————————

Hitch

hey hun, just wanted to check in

are u ok? i haven't seen u all night

—————————————————

I typed back tiredly, fingers aching from my long night.

—————————————————

me

I'm fine. Eren stole me away

—————————————————

Hitch

what?? i'll kill that bastard

where r u?

—————————————————

me

A hotel room, not sure which one

—————————————————

Hitch

did anything happen?

—————————————————