Chapter 4- The Goods:

Hi y'all~ It's Friday and I'm back-- a bit early! Midterms are over, thank god, and I have 3 new chapters for you!! Thank you all SO SO much for reading and commenting-- I love y'all so much.

I hope you enjoy! ❤️❤️

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️- drug use

Eren didn't talk to anyone at school— from what I had seen— so I wasn't sure why he would voluntarily show up here. Apparently, however, he, too, had exclusive access to whatever this VIP room was that I was standing in. Floch approached him immediately. I observed their interaction from afar:

"Eren! You made it!" Floch said enthusiastically.

Eren nodded and, surprisingly, pulled his hoodie down to reveal his dark hair, which was in a casual, messy, half-up bun. Floch's eyes widened slightly.

"Anyway, it's in the back," Floch continued. "Yelena has it."

Eren nodded again knowingly, passing Floch and walking over to a very tall blonde woman with a bob cut. I darted my eyes down quickly and threw myself onto the couch with Sasha, smushing myself next to her.

"(Y/N)— hey!" she protested as her bowl of pretzels flew up. "What is wrong with you?"

"Sorry," I mumbled, trying to shrink myself down beside her. "Just don't want to be seen."

Sasha started looking around the room wildly. "By who?" Her eyes made a beeline towards Eren. "Oh. You don't have to worry. Once their transaction is done, Eren's probably gonna go to the side room. You won't see him for the rest of the night."

"There's another room down here?" I asked in dismay.

"Yeah," she said, watching Eren, Floch, and Yelena all go into an empty room together. "Yeah... You probably won't be seeing them."

"Well, what are they doing in—?"

"Sasha!! (Y/N)!!" Connie and Jean called in unison as they paraded over to us.

"We have 'the goods'," Jean winked, pulling out a bong and a jar of bud.

"Ugh, finally," Sasha said. "This party might actually get interesting."

We all moved to the floor while Jean set everything up for us. I had smoked, but never used a bong before, so the three of them had to teach me.

"Okay, (Y/N), it's easy," Connie started. "Just put your lips on the mouthpiece and suck in. Then, when you think you've had enough, pull out the bowl and inhale the rest of the smoke."

"Alright," I said hesitantly. I held the bong up to my lips while Sasha lit it for me. I started inhaling, but choked on the smoke and had to let go. "Agh, fuck. I'm sorry you guys," I apologized in between coughs. My lungs felt like they were on fire.

"(Y/N), please. Don't even worry," Connie said lightheartedly, watching Sasha take a hit. She did it so smoothly, without even choking up.

When she saw my look of admiration, she laughed. "Practice. The three of us did it all the time in high school."

The boys nodded in confirmation.

"Do you want to try again?" Jean asked politely.

"I— Well, I don't want to waste your weed," I said embarrassedly.

"Ha! Please, (Y/N). Don't worry about that. If you're comfortable, you can try again," Jean said. "No pressure."

I pursed my lips, watching how the other three took bong rips so I could follow their example. When I was sure enough on form, I asked to try again. Sasha handed me the bong. Jean lit it for me. I started over, sucking in, then pulling out the bowl at the last second. I was sure I had done it successfully, but as soon as I brought my lips away from the glass, I coughed everything back up again.

"I'm— sorry— guys—" I started, tearing up from the pain.

"It burns the first couple times," Sasha said knowingly. "But, you don't have to apologize. We don't expect you to be perfect at it your first time."

Connie nodded. "Take a break for a second, if you need. Let your lungs cool off." He handed me a bottle of water, "This should help with the burning."

"—Thanks—" I coughed, barely able to scrape the word out. Sasha took the bong back from me and took another hit. Connie stole it from her after:

"Dude, Sasha! You didn't corner?! I said take half!" he yelled after seeing what remained in the bowl.

"That is half!" Sasha argued back.

"Jean," Connie said, holding the bowl out towards him. "Does this look like half to you?!"

Jean rolled his eyes and sighed, "I'm too high for this."

When my lungs had recovered, I decided to try a final time. I was already feeling a slight buzz, despite not properly inhaling, and was starting to relax.

"Okay," Jean started. "This time, I'll count for you, so you know when to stop. Maybe then, it'll be easier."

"And make sure to take a double-breath, kind of," Connie advised. "That's the best way I can explain it."

I nodded, watching as Jean lit the bowl for me for a final time.

"Alright. One... two... three.. four..." Jean pulled out the bowl, continuing to count for me. "Five... six... seven— Okay, you're good, (Y/N). The smokes gone."

I exhaled slowly, finally taking my first smooth hit. "That was nice," I smiled.

"Hell yeah, it was," Sasha snickered.

"Good job, (Y/N)," Jean said, slapping me on the shoulder. "If you want more, just ask. Just be careful. I'm not sure how often you smoke, but this stuff can be pretty strong..."

"I'm fine, Jean," I stopped him. "I think I can handle—"

I froze. Suddenly, sobriety collapsed and euphoria hit me like a ton of bricks. It felt like everything was moving in slow motion. My eyes didn't feel like they were open all the way and my throat was completely dry. The world had completely shifted.

"What the fuckkk—" I started.

"Welcome," Connie said.

The four of us sat in a circle and talked quietly. The room evaporated around me as I focused all of my attention on the people in front of me. I had been high before, but never this high. Sasha's eyes were bright red— she said it happened to her very easily, and she had the stereotypical 'high' expression plastered on her face. She was very giddy and talked animatedly with the group, retelling wild stories she had lived through— most of them involving Connie. Jean almost looked sober, but his eyes were a bit pink, and he seemed slightly more relaxed than usual. He tilted his head over to me and grinned contently. Connie, on the other hand, seemed completely sober from a distance. Although he had taken the same number of hits as Jean and Sasha, his eyes were bright white and he looked very alert. He seemed quite articulate with his words and it appeared that his memory was intact. However, the moment he stood up or tried to move, he'd topple over. According to Connie, when he got high, his muscles would get way too relaxed and he'd barely be able to walk.

I giggled happily, enjoying this relaxing time with my friends after a particularly stressful week of school. We sat for what felt like hours, (but, in reality, was probably only about fifteen minutes), until I noticed Floch and Yelena leave the side room. I didn't see Eren follow.

Maybe he left already? I questioned. I wonder what they were doing in there...