Chapter 50: Answer

Tom's POV:
So I spoiled my own movie? That's not a big deal, at least I didn't spoil my own proposal. Well, that's of course, what exactly happened. And now I have a completely shocked Y/n standing before me, which is understandable.

"I- what- how- wait what, huh?" She stammered, clearly confused.

"Y/n, this is the part where your eyes start to tear up, you cover your mouth and nod heavily, that's how this works," Anthony Mackie said, receiving a glare from Y/n, "Or you respond in your own way, that's cool too."

"Well, this is clearly not what I was expecting, but I'd be regretting it every second of my life if I said no right now."

"Wait, is that a yes? Is- is that a yes?" I stammered this time.

"Yes of course, you idiot," She said, tears starting to form in her eyes.

"My baby girl is getting married, #prouddad!" RDJ said, making our heads turn.

"Are you... filming this?" I asked confused.

"Well, there might be a chance that what you're insinuating right here, is somewhat true. But I'm not filming it, it's just Instagram Live."

"Okay, hand me the phone," Y/n said, taking the phone from his hand, "Hi all of you out there. Yes, you heard that right, I'm engaged. Now I'm going to end this live in order to hug slash kill my dad, so until next time, goodbye."

Your POV:
Only a few minutes later, the doorbell rang, so I opened and immediately hugged Courtney, who was standing in the door frame.

"Court, holy shit, I haven't seen you for so long!" I said, probably squeezing her to death.

"Oh, I've missed you too. I saw the livestream of RDJ, so I had to come over," She said, taking my hand, "Damn, that is a nice ring you got there. I just wished someone would get me one of those."

"Why don't you ask Harrison?"

"Right, you haven't heard that yet. We broke up, it wasn't going anywhere."

"No, that's so sad. Here, come in, I'm not going to let you stand in the cold."

I walked Courtney into the living room, which led to her getting the attention of some particular men. And with that I mean she caused a certain Brit and a Romanian to drop their jaws, at the same time.

"Okay, this is my childhood best friend Courney Cooper. Court, these are- well, you know who they are," I said, sorta introducing her to the others.

"Hi..." Courtney said a little shy, then whispering, "Goddammit Y/n, you know way too many famous people."

"I know right, it's really intimidating to be honest. And I'm sorry that you broke up with Haz, but now you have two for the price of one."

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh, you adorable oblivious piece of shit."

I walked away, but looked at the view from a distance.

"So I see someone is interested in your best friend, scared he's gonna snatch her away from you?" Tom asked with a smirk.

"Wait, which one are we talking about?"

"What do you mean 'which one', it's Hiddleston who's flirting with Courtney."

"Oh, I suggest you look over at Stan and study is facial expression, follow his gaze. I'm sure you'll figure the rest out yourself."

"Why would I- Oh, no way. Did she just got herself trapped into a love triangle?"

"Yep and she doesn't even have a clue about it. I love playing matchmaker, especially when it's my friend. Once again, I'm a genius."

"You were never not, darling. Or should I say, future Mrs Holland?"

"I do like the sound of that, that's something I can surely get used to."