Chapter 8: Viral

"Wait, they're talking about me, how did they found out?"

"As we all know by now, Tom isn't good at keeping secrets. He mentioned you are a great singer and one thing lead to another." Court explained.

"Well, the video that was taken of me got 50.000 views, so it would come out eventually." I said as casual as possible.

"Wow, that's awesome. Wait, who called you just w while ago?"

"A woman called Andrea Wilson, a music producer. We met in the bar, she wants to record the song, stuff like that. No big deal."

"Bullshit no big deal. This is the start of your career! Like Tom said, you need to give yourself more credit."

----------------------------------------------
Tom's Pov:
"Thank you again for being here. Drive safe and see you next time." Jimmy ended.

I got up and walked of the stage.

"Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned Y/n. She's really talented and all, but also shy. God, why did I say that, now she will get even more attention than she wants." I thought by myself while driving home.

The rest of the evening wasn't really special, just some Netflixing and thinking about Y/n.

"Hold up, that isn't normal, dude. Wait, no. No, no, no, really? Okay, so maybe you have a little crush on her, she doesn't even like you back. And now I'm talking to myself in my head, great. Y/n, I hope you're worth it." I said, talking to myself.

I wanted to call her, but that would be weird. So I just went to bed, not being able to fall asleep. Instead, I opened my phone, went to YouTube and looked up the video of Y/n in the bar. She's a really good singer, and I wasn't the only one who thought that.

-----------------------------------------------
Your Pov:
I woke up at the sound of Courtney, yelling from downstairs that breakfast was ready.

"Y/n, are you coming yet! These pancakes don't stay warm forever."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming... Give me a second." I said, between yawning. I stood up an walked down the stairs.

"Really Jones, still in your PJ's? I called you, like, 30 minutes ago."

"Correction, you yelled at me for 30 minutes, big difference."

"Okay, you're right. Now, eat your pancakes and drink you're milk, which I still find really weird that you drink it straight up, with nothing in it."

"Says the person who puts milk in her tea. If you want something to pour milk in, use coffee, otherwise it's just treason."

"Yeah, I know. Just eat, you have to be at the studio at 1, but you have an interview in an hour and a half, so get ready."

"What! How did you do that and why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"Consider me your manager. Now, dress up and do something with your hair, it looks awfull." She said, very serious.

"Okay, I'm going! Jeez, since when did you became so bossy?" I said, before walking up the stairs.

After I was done dressing up, I grabbed my purse and stepped into my car. I drove to the address Courtney had given me, but when I got there, I was caught by fear. It was becoming real, and way too fast.

"This is not the moment to be scared, Y/n. Accept it, embrace it, use it. You can do this, you can." I said to myself, and walked through the door, inside the building. I stepped to the reception of the place, saying I was here.

"Hi, I'm Y/n Jones. I am supposed to have an interview here?"

"Yes, take a seat. Miss Lawson will be ready anytime soon." the receptionist said, so I sat down on one of the sofas that were standing there. Two minutes later, a woman came walking towards me, so I stood up.

"Hi, I'm Grace Lawson, it's great to meet you. I spoke with your assistant on the phone, I'm glad you have time." she said.

"Well, it's great to be here. What exactly are we doing, my assistant sometimes forgets to fill me in on all the details."

"I totally understand you. We are going live on the radio, and I'll be asking some questions. Is that okay?"

"Absolutely, let's do it." I said, and with a confident look, we walked into the studio where the interview would take place.

-----------------------------------------------
Tom's Pov:
I was listening to the radio and when the song ended, the host started talking again.

"And now we have a very special guest. Everybody, here is the talented and loving Y/n Jones!"

I gasped, not believing I really heard that. Y/n was on the radio, doing an interview? Sure, it's cool, but what if something would go wrong. I wouldn't be there to help her. Of course nothing would go wrong, it's just an interview.

"Thank you for having me, Grace. To be honest, I'm a little nervous, but I'll manage."

"See, she's nervous and I am not there to calm her down or to just be there for her. And now I'm once again talking to myself." I said to myself.

----------------------------------------------
Your Pov:
"Okay, we are going to the first question: How did you start your singing career?" Grace asked me.

"I think when I played one of the leads of my high school production of Grease. I discovered that I loved singing, and now I'm sitting here."

"Wow, that is an amazing story, next question. Where do you see yourself in, like, 5 years from now?"

"Oh gosh, good question. Well, I would be living in a cozy house with my boyfriend, making my money by singing and have a loving fandom." I answered.

"So, a boyfriend. Do you have one right now, or is that something for the future?"

"Definitely something for the future. I just got out of a kinda toxic relationship, where I did get my inspiration for my songs from. For the moment I'm not dating or looking for someone, I just wanna focus on myself for a while, I guess."

"Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. You said that relationship gave you the inspiration for your songs, what are they about?"

"Well, you always here people say they have fallen in love, but sometimes you have to fall out of love, so break up or move on. My song, Fall out of Love, is about the courage it takes to step up and move on. It is far from finished, but I'm making progress."

"Great to hear that. So no crushes on the moment? Because you are spotted at a karaoke bar with someone, the night of your debut. And let that someone be Tom Holland"

"I knew this was coming. Yes, me and Tom were indeed there, but we are really just friends. Nothing more, I can guarantee you that. Again, not looking for something serious for the moment." I answered, getting annoyed that everyone made such a big deal about it.

"Okay, good to know. So, moving on to the more casual questions. What are you doing today, besides the interview?"

"Well, I have an appointment at a studio. In fact, I'm recording my version of Heart Attack and going to discuss some new ideas."

"Then all I'm going to say is good luck. And now, going to the commercials." Grace ended the interview.