Chapter 4

Amari looked over from his paper to Yasuda, who was just staring at Amari's face.

Yasuda: "What was it?"

Amari looked down to his hand, the one intertwined with Yasuda's, and tightened his grip a small bit. 

Amari: "I- I- I trust you... so pl-please... read it yourself..."

Yasuda nodded and took the paper from Amari, and proceeded to read it to himself. 

After he had Yasuda turned to Amari. 

Yasuda: "That's it?"

Amari's shock at the statement was worn clearly on his face. 

Yasuda: "Well, as long as you explain what happened... it's fine!"

Amari nodded and took that as a cue to explain.

Amari: "The guy was a huge jerk, there was one quiet kid in our class and he chose to keep picking on him.  He kept hitting and messing with him.  I was walking home one day and in the nearby ditch the dude was practically beating the quite kid to death.  So I tried to help... and I-... I got a rock and-..."

Amari felt as if he couldn't go on with his explanation, he hated remembering what happened in that ditch.  Not even his closest friends, nobody at all, in his old neighborhood knew what happened that day.

Amari hadn't noticed the tarts in his eyes until he felt Yasuda's gloves hand wipe a few away. 

Amari: "He lived... he was in the hospital though... he went away quickly though... the only reason I got out of it was because everyone knew the kid was a bully and my friends vouched for me..."

Amari felt himself tearing up again.

Yasuda wrapped his arms around Amari's and let out a soft hush. 

Amari: "I'm fine."

Yasuda: "No, you're not... just... I don't know..."

Amari hugged Yasuda and started rocking the two back and forth. 

Amari: "Can you tell me your secret?"

...