CHAPTER 41: A Sad Tale

Start from the beginning

The noise of her heavy and fast breathing reached his ears. Like a serpent he calmly watched her---instinctively, lifting her hand to wipe her eyes free from the blurriness.

A dark smile adorned his lips when this action of hers, revealed the half view of her exposed chest as more sweat kept to flow across her smooth skin before vanishing into the sheet's thin material.

Slowly and gracefully swirling the wine in the glass, he raised it up to his lips but he couldn't bring himself to take a sip as his gazes denied to move off Shravya's body. He didn't want to taste the wine. He wanted to have a taste of her.

Shravya's mind was still a bit groggy as she tried to get up but failed when the ropes around her wrist, pulled her back. She hissed painfully and laid back, her thoughts and mind swirling around the room.

What was happening?

Suddenly, her mouth fell agape and she took a heavy puff of breath," please," she let out a painful sob, noticing her naked and exposed self.

"There is no need to regret, sona. It doesn't matter if you denied to marry me yesterday," his deep chuckle rang out in the dead silence of the room. "We will think about marriage later but tonight let's spend this beautiful night together."

Her breaths hitched, now she could feel his presence in the room as the sound of his predatory and calm footsteps, echoed in her ears.

Her stomach churned from the strange scent of the incense in the room, that pierced her nose. In the darkness, her mind completely went blank to the point where she couldn't acquire herself to think straight as the memories rushed through her.

Zaid kidnapped her from the orphanage.

He threatened her with the life of her grandma and the orphanage's children.

How did it come to this?

Suddenly, out of nowhere, he came back into her life with a ridiculous demand to marry her, and when she denied he kidnapped her.

Why he is doing this?

Tears got stung in her eyes and distorted her vision as she wildly wriggled and twisted her wrists, trying to get out of the tight clutch of the ropes. When she finally managed to look forward, her terrified hazel orbs met with his coal-black ones which gazed at her with lust. And at that moment she knew---the man in front of her is not the Zaid, she once knew.

Suddenly her slender ankle was grabbed by his hand. "Why are you doing this? Let me go, Zaid," she sobbed and bit her lips, making them almost bleed as she hoped that soon maybe he will recover his senses.

"Let me tell you something about my previous nights," he spoke, in a heavy tone. She leaned backward on the bed in fright, but he leaned closer to her. She shivered as the cold knuckles of his hand came in contact with her soft cheek. "Those nights were the same as this one but the only difference I have today---is you." His finger slowly traveled downward, sliding down to her trembling lips, to her pointed chin, and then to her precarious collarbone.

"Those nights were lonely but this one isn't because I have you here, all to myself," he spoke, slightly looming over her as his gaze scanned her feminine curves, covered by the sheet. "So how can I let you go?"