Benny- Fragile- Part 2

Start from the beginning

Quietly, I tiptoed out of bed and grabbed my shoes, slipping them on my feet. I put my cardigan over my shoulders to keep the chill off, and walked over to the door. As silently as I could I unlocked it, trying to open the door without making it creak. I squeezed out of the gap and shut the door behind me.

I let out a big breath not realising that I had been holding it. My body was also shaking a little. I calmed myself down, reassuring myself that I would be fine and walked to the lift. I took the lift to the second floor and made my way towards the bar. Adam didn't let me drink often, so it would be nice to treat myself for once.

I kindly asked the man for a beer, and he handed me one. I thanked him, and took a long gulp.

"Hey" I heard.

I looked to see Benny beside me. He wasn't wearing his coat and hat like he always did at the tornaments. It was a little strange seeing him like this, but I liked it.

"Hi" I smiled.

"I haven't seen you all day" he said.

"Yeah, I was in my room"

"Why? It's a nice day, you could have been getting some fresh air"

"I- I just had things to do- studying"

"Hmm" he said " well I hope I can see more of you"

"I doubt it" I sighed.

"Why not?"

"No reason, I'm just busy"

"Why do I get the feeling that you're hiding something?" He asked suspiciously.

"What!" I said shocked " no- I'm not hiding anything I really am busy"

"Ok, if you say so" he shrugged taking a sip of his drink.

Me and Benny sat and talked for what seemed like forever. I loved talking with him, he never ceased to disappoint me. We talked about chess, life, past a lot of things. Laughing and smiling and joking.

"Uh I probably should get going now, it's getting kind of late" I told him.

"Ok that's fine, where's your boyfriend?"

I shivered a little at his mention.

"He's upstairs"

"Oh, would have thought he'd want to be here with you"

"No, he's sleeping, I'll see you tomorow Benny" I waved.

"Alright then, bye Y/n"

I slowly walked back to my hotel room thinking. Benny was so nice. I would love to see him more often but Adam wouldn't allow it. Maybe I could ask for his number and give him a call when I got home? I sneaked back inside the room and closed the Door quietly. When I saw him standing in the dark, arms folded.

I instantly felt my heart rate speed up rapidly. Sweat forming on the surface of my skin.

"Where the hell have you been!" he spat.

"I'm- I'm sorry" I apologised.

"I told you not to leave!" He shouted " and you did anyway!"

"I was only getting a drink I swear"

"Are you lying to me?" He got close only inches away from me.

"No I'm not I had one drink"

He examined my face, burrowing his eyebrows.

"You were with him weren't you?" He asked.

"What? I-"

"YOU WERE FUCKING WITH HIM!" He shouted.

He grabbed a tight hold around my neck pushing me hard into the door. I felt agonising pain crawl throughout every inch of my body. Tears fell from my eyes from the pain. My throat closed up from being squeezed by his strong grip.

"IF YOU EVER GO NEAR HIM AGAIN I'LL KILL HIM UNDERSTAND!"

I nodded unable speak. He released his grip on me and I took a deep breath of air, choking, trying to breathe again.

He walked out the door slamming it behind him with a crash. I fell to the floor, crawling into the corner of the room, huddling myself in a ball. Crying to myself, crying only made it hurt more, but the more it hurt the more I wanted to cry.

I stood up, walking towards the door to open it. I would quickly go and get some pain meds to hopefully help with the pain. But a light knock sounded at the door. When I opened it I was greeted with Benny.

When he saw me his smile quickly faded into a frown.

"What's wrong?" He asked concerned.

"Nothing I just- I'm fine" I told him.

"Y/n what's going on?"

"There isn't anything- Uh my grandpa passed away" I lied.

"Oh I'm sorry"

"It's fine, I just need to be alone"

"Yeah, that's fine I understand" he said.

"So please don't come to see me, I just need to mourn"

"That's fine, just let me know when you're feeling better ok" he smiled walking off.

I shut the door starting to sob again. I didn't know how much longer I could  hide the truth for.