Mrs Reluctant Billionaire || Three

Faint giggles pierce through the painful memory, the vision from those days blurs. An acute pain like a knife being twisted in my guts drags me back to the present, my new reality, I suck in a shaky breath, blinking until the haze clears and I remember where I am. What I am doing. What I always do. Stalk her.

Hell will be too chill a place for me if she finds out but who will tell her?

Not me. I can't slip up on an act I have had going for nearly five years. I have become a pro at stalking her, a proud one at that. If she wasn't so stiff, so unresponsive, I wouldn't have resorted to this.

If she had kept to her words and empty promises, we might have worked things out.

You are my beginning, my middle, my end. I scoff. Indeed. Your sins are forgivable. You are mine, I will always love you. Right until it was time to prove it. Promises upon promises. All of them, fake and empty.

Running a hand over my face, I release my breath slowly like I had learnt over the years to curb the deep anger that always followed thoughts of her. All I have lost, all I-we could have been as a family. She gave me hope. A glimpse of our future in those months, had me wishing for the unattainable with her plenty of promises. When time came for her to stand by her words, she walked away without a glance.

No, I did. She deserves that house. But it doesn't change the fact she chose to watch me leave.

If anyone had told me this would be my lot-an estranged relationship with the mother of my kids, the woman who hates the sight of me and is disgusted by my mere presence, I would have laughed in their faces. Gave them a pat on their backs or some spare cash for assuming I would let any woman bear my kids.

For daring to think I would have a wife who would worm her way into my heart, break it into a million pieces and throw it in my face. I would have bought the person bottles of fine whiskey so he could get high on quality drinks and spew meaningful rubbish that had little chances of happening.

Now, I am all I said I would never be. A father with beautiful kids I love more than life itself, a husband who misses his wife so much he is watching her without her knowledge because that's the closest he will ever get to her. I slap a sweaty palm over my forehead, I am so pathetic. If she walks in this moment, she will smell the desperation leaking from me and race out of the room to avoid contaminating herself.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

It's not entirely her fault. Maybe it is, her and her ability to draw the truth out of me. If I had kept my lips sealed, we would be fine. We would still be a family, a small but happy one. Now, all I have left to remember us is a mug, a key holder and a locket I pretend to hate. And our kids, our twins. God knows I have managed to stay sane all these years because of those troublesome angels, the only calm in this drama I call my life.

They must be in school now, I don't get them until Friday, my new favourite day of the week.

Bending my laptop screen to get the perfect view of Elna's bewitching body, a smile curves my lips when her robe drops to the floor to reveal her in her naked glory. As always, she traces the stretch marks on her tummy, marks that appeared after the twins' birth. That odd look creeps into her eyes as she stares into the mirror and I have to push my phone away to stop myself from sending her an appreciation text.

She is beautiful just the way she is. Those stretch marks don't diminish her beauty or awesomeness. For fuck sake, she brought two treasures into this world, she needs to give herself and body more credit. And oh, Lord, look at those breasts. Those brown nipples I miss running my tongue over. Sucking them.

A lot of good has come from her having our twins. Fuller breasts I want to bury my face in, trace my dick between her mounds. Thicker thighs I want to spend most of my evenings between. I have always loved her body but this right here is Elna 2.0; an upgraded version of herself, curves and all. I want her. In all, childbearing gave her a new body, one I never got the chance to appreciate with my hands and tongue.