Mrs Reluctant Billionaire || One

I am stalking my wife. I am cyberstalking her with no intention of stopping.

Her figure moves across the screen of my laptop, I follow it with a sad smile making its way to my lips. It still feels so surreal, almost like yesterday when she asked for a divorce with teary eyes. I can still smell her on me, the new shampoo enriched with a mix of unidentified fruits. I never got to ask her the name.

The memories wash over me, I slouch in the seat and allow myself to relive them. To feel them like I have done for five years. My eyelids flutter open, it takes a second for me to process the new view, I realise I have been transported back to the mansion, to our room. Back to that day when everything fell apart.

"I killed him," I whispered.

I glanced at her pregnant frame seated on the edge of the bed, the thick cover hanging from her chest was the only item of clothing she had on. She stared at me with a lost expression, I squirmed in my seat.

"You deserve me, Brandon Stark. I love and will always want you."

That was what she said minutes ago to ease me into confessing, that was why I waited, searched her face to see if there was any truth to that statement now that my secret was out. El snapped out of her trance, lacing our fingers, she offered me her beautiful, bright smile that brought a gleam to her brown eyes. If I ever came back to earth, I would do this again with her-this marriage but I would do it better.

"Brandon," she said with a sigh so deep her chest visibly deflated. "You cannot keep blaming yourself for everything bad that happens around you. Bad things will always happen, bad people will always exist and we cannot control them. We cannot stop certain things from happening." I closed my eyes to avoid her kind gaze, she didn't get it. In this case, I was the bad guy, these things were in my control. I made them happen. Her voice floated to my ears. "I know Brendan died in a car accident. It's not your fault."

"It is, Elna," I whispered. Chills raced down my spine, I shivered. Maybe if I lowered my voice enough, my memory would vaporise and I wouldn't have to be in this damned position. "Please don't exonerate me."

Opening my eyes to her worried expression, I yanked my hand from her grip. Hurt flashed across her pretty face, overshadowing my need to be far away from her. I stroked her cheeks until the worry lines faded and her lips curled into that smile reserved for only me. Would I get to see this smile again when she finally processed my confession? Already losing myself in her gaze, I pulled back and she pouted.

If she received this news well, I would be whatever she wanted, do all she requested without complaints. I needed her in my life. I needed her to stay, to continue loving me without hesitations. "Brendan..." My voice quivered, I took a deep breath and said, "Brendan caused Brianna's accident, he was the driver."

Assaulted by memories, I pressed the heels of my palms to my eyes. The idiot should have listened to me for once in his miserable, jealous life. He should have let us solve the issue like two grown adults instead of blackmailing me with a child I was yet to claim as mine. She was so close, a few more signatures, extra papers and she would have been mine, rocking in my arms. I didn't get to witness her childhood, when I tried to make up for that, he took her from me. So I took him too, wiped him off the surface of the earth.

"He was the driver and he got out without a scratch," I continued. He escaped the vehicle without a cut while my princess was riddled with so many injuries it was hard to recognise her three-year-old body. She didn't deserve any of that, the days at the hospital, none of it. "I told him to stay far away from my daughter but he refused. Brianna was his winning card but she was my daughter first. Her before him."