Sixty-eight

I wake to amber eyes staring down at me. I flash Brandon a sleepy smile, he presses a kiss to my hair and I giggle, he must love my new shampoo. “You slept well?” I ask.

He nods, placing another kiss on my temple. “I did, you?” he says against my skin and I hum in response, loving the wet kisses he litters on my shoulder. “Elna. Stop moaning.”

To that, I moan louder and he spanks my butt to shut me up. It doesn’t work, I tug on his nipple with a moan. Our conversations from last night flood back, my eyes trail Brandon who hops out of the bed to pull his shorts over his waist. Resting my head on the pillow, I tug the cover over my breasts, reluctant to leave the comfort of our soft mattress.

I expect him to stroll into the bathroom since the time reads past nine, instead, he drags the chair from the vanity to sit by the bed. Maybe he is taking my advice to stay in today, I won’t mind that at all since I have no plans. He flashes me a smile, his fingers stroke my cheek and I make kissy faces at him. I’m in love with this man. Well, his addictive touch.

“No, don’t stand up,” he says when I try to get off the bed. I frown. “Please, Elna.”

That funny feeling returns in double folds, I nod. To calm myself, I say, “Can I get a kiss?” I don’t have to ask twice, he lowers himself to the bed and claims my lips. Afraid for what he will say, I refuse to let go of his lips until he pulls away to touch my forehead with his.

“Baby, I’m scared,” I tell him. “I don’t know why.” His thumb traces my lips, he joins me on the bed so we are facing each other and I visibly relax. “Thank you, you’re the best.”

“We need to talk,” he says, tucking strands of my hair out of sight. My lips part, I slip my hand into his shorts where his erection greets me and moan so loud he groans. “Stop it.” His plea is weak, he doesn’t retract my hand and I stroke him. I am not as agile as I was so I can’t get on my knees but I am satisfied with his response. I need him again. “Elna.”

When his hand lowers to my breast, I flash him a seductive smile. It is working. I know I am stalling but I am scared. My fear is unfounded but I can’t shake off the bad feeling.

What if he delivers terrible news I can’t get over? I want this moment to last.

His beards caress my chin, jolting me out of my thoughts, I raise my eyes to his face. The openly displayed uncertainty triples my fear and I lose interest in his dick. I know him to be confident until Brianna is involved but he said she’s fine. I know she is because I went to check on her myself. He let me have access to her room after the movie fight.

“I’ll do whatever you want after we talk, if you still want me.” I hiss. “El, I’m serious.”

Propping my elbow on the pillow with a huff, I stare down at him with my disapproving scowl and he flinches. Good. Since words no longer affect him, actions should. I pinch his nose, knock his forehead repeatedly until he lets out a small scream in protest. When his face morphs into an expression of hurt, I cup his cheek to kiss him soundly on his lips.

“We have been over this, Brandon,” I say, my face taking on a stern look. He needs to get it into his thick skull. I belong to him. “You deserve me. I love and will always want you.”

Brandon shakes his head, my heart bleeds at his conviction. I will have to up my game if I intend to change his mind or I will go crazy. “You don’t know what I did,” he whispers.

Prying his hands off his face, I rub my knuckles against his cheek. “But you will tell me, won’t you?” He nods, tears shine in his eyes and I catch them before it drops. “Why don’t you let me decide if I still want you after that, okay? Don’t make that decision for me.”