forty-six

I was in the green room with the girls when the stage manager came in to tell me I needed head back with her because I'm on 'in five'. The girls gave me a hug and wished me luck before I was pulled out back stage.
My heart was almost about to burst completely out of my body. I felt so nervous and shaky. My throat was dry. I knew I needed to get my shit together before I looked like a fool on live television. That's when my entering music started to play. I picked Girls by the 1975 because Lauren thought it'd be different. I wanted to choose one of the girls songs but they begged me not to because this was my moment to shine.

I walked in awkwardly, but quickly recovered my cool and mysterious facade. I clicked my heels up to Ellen who was taller than I expected. I almost passed out seeing her face to face. Camila was right, she is beautiful. She opened her arms out to give me a hug and I almost melted in her arms. She whispered in my ear, "So great to meet you" before pulling away.
I sat down in my seat and pushed my wavy hair over to the side. "So, thank you for being on my show."
I blushed, "This is crazy. It's more than great to meet you."
"Thank you. So, let's talk about you before we get into the topic of the video. So, tell us about you like your age and hobbies. Something cool." She casually said crossing her legs.
I licked my lips trying to stop my nervousness and breathe, "Um, I'm 17 and I don't really have too many hobbies. I really like to sit around. I wish I was cooler than I am."
"You are not 17." She said amazed.
"No, I think I am. At least I think that's what it said on my birth certificate."
She smirked, "Well, let's get on the topic of how you got to sing with Camila Cabello. Are you two good friends? I mean people would've killed to to be in that position. So, how does it feel to be that one person that's envied?"
Envied? Did Ellen just say people wanted to be in my shoes? "Uh, Mila and I are friends. Actually I'm friends with all the girls, but at that moment I was with Camila for Christmas. Her family wanted us to sing together and it kinda just happened. And wow, it's kind of crazy to think people envy me. I mean, I don't really think about this at all. I didn't even know the video got put up or the fact that it hit 10 million last night until someone told me. I don't like to think about that stuff."
Ellen was just smiley and that made me feel better. To not have pressure to be someone I'm not was really nice. "That's crazy. So, you were completely unaware that any of this was happening? Plus, most people would be stalking their own views constantly. Why don't you like it?"
"Yeah I was completely unaware. I knew Mila had the video recorded but I begged her not to put it up. And It's crazy I guess. Like I don't really think I'm talented so, whenever the video was put up I kinda freaked out."
She looked at me with warm eyes and smiled, "I can assure you that you are way more talented than you think you are. If you weren't I wouldn't have brought you on the show. Now, let's talk about what you have planned now. I mean you're Internet famous now. Do you plan on starting a channel or trying to get into the music industry?"
I shrugged, "To be honest, this all happened so fast that I haven't really put too much thought into it. I love to sing, but I really like to act. I'm really unprepared with my future."
"Well, I have a few presents for you and I want you to go home with a future or a plan because I don't want to waste your talent. Okay?" She was just so sweet and caring, and I could feel her look deep into my soul. I nodded and she smirked, "I got you a camera to work on some more videos because at the moment, your video is almost to 15 million views and still growing. Obviously you have something going here. And also, I heard from your friend Camila that you occasionally play the guitar, so I got you a brand new acoustic guitar."
I was almost in tears. I think that it's one of the most amazing things. Not only to receive gifts from one of the most amazing people in the world, but to have someone who doesn't even know you decide to be that generous enough to give you something. It's tear jerking. I felt one tear slowly drip down my face and I quickly wiped it away once one of her stage managers walked out with a Nikon Camera and a guitar.
"Are you crying?" She asked seeing my face redden.
I nodded feeling some deeper emotions trying to stop myself from ruining my make up. She got up from her chair and walked over to get eye level with me and hug me. She yelled out to the cameras, "We will be right back with a performance by Echosmith after this." I could hear her whisper in my ear, "Are you okay?" I nodded hearing the audience scream and chant happily to the background music.
I got up and she pulled away to smile at me, "Thank you." I told her before I was pulled away by the stage manager with my new belongings in her hands.