nineteen

When I came to, I saw all of the girls crowding around me as my head was propped up on Mila's lap. My eyes fluttered open as a sigh of relief from all of the girls erupted. Dinah joked, "I told yall we shouldn't have surprised a girl who just got out of the hospital."
"I thought it would've been a good idea, alright?" Normani mumbled as she began twirling her curly locks in awkwardness.
I slowly lifted my head up, "What the fuck, you guys? Are you trying to kill me?"
Camila got up and put my arm around her shoulder as she helped me up. Lauren ran to get a chair and pull it to a position that I could sit in. "We thought you'd be excited, but I forgot that you hate surprises."
I sat in the chair and felt my muscles start to stretch in my side. The pain was unbearable, but I masked it the best that I could. "So, what's all this about?"
Camila went to stand by the other girls as Lauren explained, "Well, we are here to support you for the night and take care of you until you leave to Florida with Camila and I. But we decided to spoil you and I think we went a little overboard."
I nodded with a smile on my face as I looked around at all the presents, "I would say so. Y'all shouldn't have, but thank you."
"How about we move into the den so everyone can sit comfortably?" Camila said grabbing a few balloons and everyone picked up as many presents as they could and made their ways into the den leaving me behind. I did my best to try to stand up, and before I could officially make it, Lauren ran to my rescue. "What the hell do you think you're doing, y/n?"
I looked at my surroundings, "Getting up?" I sarcastically joked.
"No, you need help." Lauren grabbed me and picked me up bridal style to carry me into the den.
As we walked in, Mila's eyes widened. "I was gonna do that, Laur." She said in a somewhat pissy tone giving the raven haired girl a semi-death glare. I feel like her jealousy over ran her when it came to Lauren and I sometimes. Even though Camila knows that I personally wouldn't make the first move on Lauren.
Lauren shrugged, "Oh well. I was going in there to get a few more presents and she was trying to get up by herself, and I didn't want her to hurt herself again." Lo was unfazed my Camila's jealousy by now.
As soon as I was sat on the couch, Mila plopped down close to me to wrap her arm carefully around her waist and kiss me on the cheek to make sure Lo knew who's I was. I mentally laughed seeing Camila get jealous. I was usually the one who was always jealous, but Mila had her moments. And when she did, it was honestly the cutest thing in the world.

--

We spent almost a hour and a half opening presents, and I felt extremely bad not being able to return the favor. There were too many presents to name, but I'll tell you my favorite ones from each of the girls.
Dinah, my Polynesian princess, gave me a new Polaroid camera that I had been wanting to get for almost a year now. I used hers to take most of my pictures, and I know she didn't mind it but I hated using all her film. So, she thought it'd be cool to get me that and a few other items like some clothes with artists on them that we mutually loved but the other girls didn't really listen to.
Ally gave me a locket that said, 'I'll always be your sunshine' which made me tear up a little bit but I kept my cool and showed no weakness.
Normani gave me a shirt that said, 'Twerk on Me Mani' which is something I yelled on a normal basis when I was around her because her ass was flawless. Not that I always stare at it, it's just that when the girls perform, Normani is a bad bitch. I laughed when she gave it to me along with a beanie that said bad bitch. Normani was one of the girls who always loved inside jokes.
Lauren gave me a brand new 1975 crew neck, and a couple of Vinyls. They were mutual favorite artists of ours. She got me Lana Del Rey's Born to Die, which was secretly our favorite album at one point on the tour because it was so chill, and The Beatles white album. Our musical tastes were extremely similar, maybe not to the extent of Dinah's and mine but pretty damn close.
And lastly, I received Mila's presents. My favorite one wouldn't be the material things, and there were a lot of them, but my favorite thing was the letter she wrote that was attached to the back of a picture frame. The picture inside of the frame was of me and Mila laying on the grass looking at each other. Dinah took it one afternoon when AwesomenessTv let us borrow a HD camera to play around with.
The letter was the best thing I could've ever got in my life. This is what it said: