twenty-six

"Y/N! Wake the hell up, mama!" Camila's voice screamed as she nudged me awake.
I opened my eyes to see a relieved girlfriend. "What do you want?"
She smiled, "Get up and get dressed. We are about to take Sofi to school. You promised, 'member?" I groaned feeling my side stretch to unholy lengths as I sat up on the bed. My Jansport was by my side of the bed and I reached for it to grab my Zoloft. Camila saw what I was reaching for and snatched it from me quickly. "What the fuck do you think you're doing? You're not gonna get high and drive through the streets of Miami with my sister in the backseat."
I rolled my eyes and smirked, "I'm taking my anti-depressants. They don't get me high, they just keep me in a somewhat good mood. And I really need it today since that fuck boy will be here."
She searched the front pocket of the bag to find the bottle of Zoloft and give me my dose. "Fine. I want you to be happy."
"Thanks Babe." I smiled as she kissed my forehead before she walked into the bathroom.
I got up from the bed and was happy that my side was beginning to feel better, but not by much. It was still extremely painful, but I could feel the healing process start. I grabbed a pair of blue jeans and the 1975 crew neck that Lauren gave me the other day. Then I slipped on a pair of Mila's black Chuck Taylor's before walking to the bathroom to knock on the door. "Mila, are you taking a shit? I need to put make up on."
The door automatically opened and Camila had a huge smile on her face because she was trying to control her laughter, "No, I'm putting my makeup on."
"You're not the one that needs it." I said to her as I grabbed my bag from the counter to open it and grab the foundation and concealer.
"Shut up, I do need it. If I don't wear it, the Paps will get a shitty pic of me. I need the HD candids to be kind of attractive." She joked putting the mascara on her beautiful, long eyelashes. They could make me break at the drop of a hat when she would bat them at me.
"Whatever you say, babe. But you don't need any help. I can promise you that. You're extremely beautiful." I grabbed the eye liner and mascara from her and hurried to finish to follow her out of the room.
Camila was waiting by the stairs for me with an extended hand. "How's your side feel?"
I shrugged, "Not the best." I cupped her hand and walked down the stairs connected to her. "Remind me before I leave to Lauren's to change my bandages though, okay?"
I looked over to Camila who was giving me puppy dog eyes, "Please don't leave me here."
I gave her a half smile, "I have to. But I'll only be like 4 miles away from you. It's better than being a 900 miles away." She nodded then walked in the living room to retrieve Sofi and the escalade keys. Sofi gave me a high five then grabbed my hand to hold it. "Morning sunshine." I said to the small girl as I gave her a little kiss on the top of her head.
"I don't wanna go to school. Can we ditch?" Sofi suggested with the most serious face I've ever seen.
I laughed, "Woah there, kid. I just said good morning and you already want to ditch?" She nodded. "How do you know what ditching even is?" I asked. Camila walked out with the keys and Sofia pointed at her. "Oh, yeah. Don't be your sister."
"What are you two talking about? Why can't she be me?" Camila had a mockingly sad tone of voice.
I smiled, "Because you're a bad influence. Your sister wants to ditch school like you."
"Sofia, you weren't supposed to tell anyone about that." Camila looked into her younger sisters eyes. Sofi just shrugged, ran out to the car, climbed in the back seat and closed the door. Before I could open my door, Mila grabbed my arm, "Should we tell Sofi about us now?"
I shrugged, "Well, she didn't keep a ditching secret from me, can she keep this from Austin?"
"I don't know, but my parents really insisted we tell her today when they woke me up. Maybe they can keep her from saying something." Mila walked to the other side of the car and got into the passanger seat.
I got into the drivers and started the Escalade. I looked back to see Sofia already buckled up and ready. "You wanna go get breakfast?" She nodded with a smile plastered on her face.
I began to back out of the driveway to get on the road as Mila started playing some music. I'm pretty sure it was Ariana Grande, but I'm not too sure. I glanced over at her to see her really listening to the music. I snapped my fingers to bring her back to reality, and she whined at me "Whaaaat?"
"What did you skip school for anyways?" I asked with a mischievous smile.
She shrugged and put her phone in the cup holder. "I wanted the newest Harry Potter book, and it was being put out that day. My mom was going to make me wait a week, but I couldn't. So, I ditched. I got away with it because I was supposed to be going on a field trip and I was gonna be absent from classes anyways."
"Badass Mila. I like the sound of that." I gave her a sweet smirk.
Camila swatted my arm harshly making me jump, "Well, I don't. My little sister is in the backseat. Don't curse."
I glanced up in the rear view mirror to see Sofi passed out. I giggled, "Mila, she can't hear us."
Mila turned around to cover her smile. She loved seeing Sofi sleep. The peacefulness about it made her feel content. I could understand where she was coming from because I felt the same way about when she was asleep, too.
I stopped at the nearest McDonalds and tapped on Sofia's leg to wake her up, "Morning again, sunshine. Let's go eat."
She yawned as she unbuckled her seat belt and got out of the car to wait for Camila to get out and hold her hand. Camila looked at me with a smile, "We'll tell her in there. Right?"
I nodded as we entered the establishment and started to order food. I'm not one for McDonalds food, but I do really love their chocolate chip frappes. They are more sugar than coffee, and that's amazing.
Sofia already had a booth for us once I got the food tray and brought it over to both her and Mila. I just noticed what Camila was wearing. A plaid skirt and white fitted, button up. She looked like a school girl and it almost killed me. What would've made it better would be if she wore a bow, but my SnapBack was hot enough.
I grabbed my frappe before Mila could because she liked to drink all of it in one sip. She frowned, but grabbed her hash browns, breakfast sandwich (not too sure which one because she always got a different one), and water then started to devour it. She waited to eat her hash brown, and I knew why. She wanted something to go to if the conversation we were about to have got awkward at any point.
"Sofi, we need to talk to you about something." Camila spoke to her sister breaking the silence that was just created while they were feasting on their breakfast. Sofia gave us a confused look and kept silent as she kept eating her food. Camila swiveled her body towards Sofi to give her the full attention she needed. "You're gonna keep this a complete secret, alright? Even from your friends. You have to promise. Okay?" Sofi nodded. "You know how I said I'm dating Austin?"
"I guess so." Sofi replied with a full mouth of food to annoy Camila. I smirked a little, but it didn't really
bother Camila as much as it usually
would.
Camila was much more nervous telling Sofia about this than she was her parents. I'm guessing it's because her sister's opinion of her means so much. "Well, I'm not really. I have to pretend I am for certain reasons I can't explain. The good news is that I'm dating someone you know and like." Sofi was quiet. I could tell she was trying to fully process the confusing information.
"Who?"
"I'm dating y/n." Camila replied, her voice shaking a little.
Sofi didn't look surprised at all. In fact, she was smirking, "I could kinda tell, Mila."
"What?!" Camila screeched then noticed how loud she was getting.
Sofia laughed taking another bite of food then swallowing it. "You act the way a girl acts with a boy when she likes him. I don't understand the whole dating thing with two girls. I do with a girl and a guy. But I'm happier to know you are dating someone I think is cool."
Camila was shocked for the wrong reasons, "What do you mean you understand what happens between a girl and a guy?"
I gave Mila a 'calm the fuck down' look, but she didn't see me. Sofi blushed and slouched down in the booth, "My friend Michelle told me the story."
I could help but laugh a little. "What did she tell you, Sof?" I asked so excited to make Camila freak out.
Sofi took a sip of her orange juice and smiled, "She said guys and girls have sex. Like they each have a part and the guys' part goes into the girls'. Then, if they are lucky, they have a baby."
Camila was almost about to scream because of the things Sofi was letting spill from her mouth, "You're not lucky. Don't do that, Sofi. You shouldn't know about this. Not at your age."
Sofi didn't seem fazed by Camila's reaction. Which was extremely priceless. I was about to start cracking up, "So, how do two girls have sex?" Sofi asked nonchalantly.
I had tears coming from my eyes trying to suppress my laughter. Camila gave me a death glare, "You don't need to know that, Sofi."
"I can't breathe. This is the best moment of my life." I snorted seeing Camila's face blush a little yet stay cold.
"I'm glad you're having fun." Camila retorted to me taking a sip of her water. Camila looked back to Sofi, "Listen, Austin is here and I need you to pretend I'm still dating him. And remember you can't tell anyone. Not even our family. I'm trusting you."
She frowned, "No. I don't wanna pretend I like him. I like that you and y/n are dating. And what about mom and dad?"
"Stop being so hard headed, Sof. Mom and Dad are the only ones who know. This is a our little secret." Camila told her sister while eating her hash brown. There's those words again. 'Our Little Secret'. The original story behind those words made me cringe a little. I only liked to think about that story when I was really wasted because I felt numb to the pain.
I looked at Sofi with a caring smile, "Listen, baby girl. I don't like it just as much as you do. But you want your sister to be successful and happy, right?" Sofi nodded. "Exactly. That's why we have to wait a little bit longer. Soon, Austin will be gone, but until then we have to play pretend. Okay?" She smiled and I gave her a hug to pull her close and whisper quietly in her ear, "Watch Camila and Austin for me. Okay?"
I pulled away and Sofia smiled as if to say 'I got you'.