twenty-three

When we dropped in Miami I could feel the nerves pick up. I did my best to walk as Camila took my carry on when she saw I was struggling. As we left the gate, I could see her mother and sister waiting for us. I'm guessing her whole family came to make a big deal about picking her up when she was here last week. I feel so bad now.
Once we saw them, they wrapped Mila in their arms as if they never wanted to let go. Sinuhe pulled me in a deep hug making my ribs hurt a little, but it was nice because she was always so caring when it came to me. Mila saw me wince and tried to pry Sinuhe off of me, "Mom, you're gonna break her." Her giggle echoed through my head as her mother pulled herself away.
"Sorry, y/n. It's just really nice to see you after a year. Mila always talks about you, but you never get to come around." Her mother admitted with a loving smile.
"Mom, stop. You make me sound like I'm obsessed." Camila confessed feeling a tad embarrassed.
Sofi ran to me and wrapped her arms around my waist to give me a big hug. Mind you, I'm not much taller than Camila, and Sofi is growing up fast so it was amazing to see the slight height difference. I brushed her hair over behind her ear, "Hey there, Sofi. I missed you."
She looked up at me, still clutched to me, and smiled. "I missed you too, y/n. I am so happy you're back."
Camila looked around like she was missing something, "Where's Papa Cabello?"
"Dad already got your guys' suitcases and he's waiting in the pick up line." Sofi spoke up with her small voice. It's become raspy like Camila's and I think that's adorable.
Camila helped me walk for a while until we spotted Paps. I quickly pulled away from her as Sinuhe did her best to help balance me. I'm guessing that's why she thinks Camila came down to see me. Because I was in surgery.
After we made it away from the crazy Paparazzi situation, Alejandro ran out to hug his daughter. She nuzzled her face into his chest as he kissed the top of her head. "Hello, Papa." She chuckled.
He let go of her then walked to me to give me a huge hug, "And it's been forever and a day since I've seen you, Ms. Y/L/N." His thick accent breaking the ear drums in my head. His fatherly voice was the only one soothing enough to make me smile. I've never met a kinder gentlemen than him.
"I know, Mr. Cabello." I replied feeling a smile grow on my face.
"No, you know the deal. It's either Alejandro or Papa Cabello." He sternly suggested. Just like Mila, he didn't like formal names. Camila was a lot like her father whereas her occasional shyness came from her mom.
"Sorry, Papa Cabello."
"That's better. You girls ready to go home?" He asked us. We nodded and both sat in the car with Sofi in the middle between Mila and I.
Sofi kept showing Mila the drawings and new Harry Potter wand she got late last week.
I thought it was so adorable because Sofi has become more and more like Mila since the last time I saw her.

I finally remembered that I was supposed to text Dinah Jane. I turned on my phone and quickly typed out a message before anyone wanted to start a conversation with me.

Y/N: we landed safely. my side hurts like hell but I won't let anyone know bc you know how the cabellos are lol

Dinah Jane: yea they can be worry warts but they mean well. are u nervous about telling them what's been going on between U and Mila?

Y/N: hell fucking yes. I'm so worried that they'll hate me for 'turning their little girl gay'.

Dinah Jane: U & Mila are just alike. both over thinkers. they love u now & they always will. if not, they'll learn to accept it.

Dinah Jane♛: hopefully lmao

Y/N: not funny DJ :/

"So, y/n. How was surgery?" Sinuhe asked and I broke out of my texting trance.
I cleared my throat, "Definitely painful, but hopefully it's going to help me out a lot."
Alejandro laughed, "I still can't believe you didn't notice your ribs were broken. That's pretty metal."
"Metal?" I asked confused that he was using that word.
Camila snorted in the corner of the car, "I taught him slang the first day I was back. Thank you Dad for using the vocabulary I gave you."
"Anytime, Mija." Her Dad said looking up in the rear view mirror before putting his eyes back on the road.