forty-three

I woke back up in the hospital room where I've found myself a lot lately. The pain in my side was better. I mean the pressure was lighter and I didn't feel so strained. I fluttered my eyes opened and got the attention of Mama Ally who was scrolling through her Twitter feed. She smiled, "Morning my little sunshine." Ally whispered to me.
I groaned feeling the medicine run through my veins. "Why aren't you at home, mama sunshine?"
She giggled a little, "I like the sound of that, and I'm not just gonna leave you in here by yourself."
I scoffed, "It wouldn't be the first time I was alone and it definitely wouldn't be the last."
Ally hit my hand, "Don't talk like that. Negativity is contagious, you know."
I reached over to the bed tray to grab the cup of water and I noticed my hands were a bit shakier than usual, "Woah. I'm like a old person."
"The doctor said that'll happen for a few days." She smiled warmly to me.
Her hair was up in a cute bun, and she was in a Houston sweatshirt, and grey sweats. "So, is Nurse McSexy turned on by sweats and glasses, Mama?" I teased her.
She giggled a little then knitted her eyebrows at me, "You embarrassed me so bad when you said that to him earlier. But no, he's off work right now and I'm trying to get comfy."
"Go home and be comfy then. I'll probably still be here when you get back." I took a sip of the water. "Probably."
"I can't leave until Camila gets back with your uncle, and you better not think of ditching out. Not after all you've put us through. The next time we have to come after you, that'll be the time I beat your ass profoundly." She joked locking her phone and setting it on the side tray so she could turn the chair and look at me.
I finally felt a bit stronger than I have lately, so I pulled the gown up the side to see the brand new stitches up and down my wound. "So, I'm no longer a robot?" Ally just nodded at my question. "Cool. It was shitty being RoboCop for a long time."

"Knock Knock. Who's awake?" Camila said entering the room with my Uncle.
"Shh, I'm asleep." I whispered to Ally.
"Very funny, babe." Camila laughed rushing over to pull down the guard rail and slip her body beside me. Camila kissed my cheek and laid her head on my shoulder, "You feelin' better?"
"I guess as good as I can be considering I just had surgery." I mumbled.
"Well, I have some good news for you." Camila smirked.
Ally gasped, "Mila, you promised you wouldn't tell her until we had all the girls together."
Camila sighed, "I can't wait any longer, though."
Ally frowned, "You know the deal. We are all getting on the plane tonight and meeting up together. We will tell her there."
"Tell me what? I'm becoming extremely impatient, you two." I screeched a little.
Ally got up and hugged me, then pecked my cheek, "Camila and I have to go, but your Uncle will take you to the private airport after you're released. Okay?"
Mila groaned nuzzling her face into my neck, "I just got here, though. I wanna cuddle."
Ally pulled on Milas arm to get her up, "You've cuddled with her to last a life time. We gotta pack our stuff and get ready to go."
"Wait, go where? I'm confused." I felt invisible.
Camila kissed my cheek and got up off the bed then put the railing up, "We will see you at the airport. Dress comfortably though." Camila swayed her hips out the door.
Ally stopped to whisper to Uncle Mike before trying to leave and I yelled for her, "Don't do another surprise party, please. Last time y'all fucked up."
She giggled turning around to me and winking, "We aren't throwing you a surprise party. See you in a few." Ally began to walk out when Nurse McSexy walked into the doorway. I giggled because Ally was in sweats and glasses, but still effortlessly flawless.
"Aye, McSexy. You almost missed your lady." I joked smirking at him.
Ally looked back and sent me a death glare before turning back towards him, "Excuse me. I gotta get my friend away from that old lady over there." She started walking and I could hear her yell to my girlfriend, "Camila, stop bothering old people!"
He watched her walk away and bit his lip. I felt kinda disgusted knowing he was checking out my mother figure. He quickly walked in and smirked, "How Ya doing, kid?"
"Kid? I'm almost 18. And I thought Ally said you got off work." I asked feeling weirded out by his comfort level. It was not mutual, I can tell you that.
He smiled, "I got called in and decided to check up on you. Plus, the doctor told me to tell you he will be in shortly to evaluate how you're doing and prescribe a few pain meds to get you through your last few weeks of recovery." McSexy picked up the clipboard from the end of my bed and flipped through the pages then put it back. "I'll tell him your vitals are in order so you can hurry out of here."
"Ok." I replied seeing him hurry out the door.