ten

Ally and Normani left early the next morning to go see their families. They promised to check in on me before my parents got here in two days, but I insisted on them staying with their families because they are way more important.

As soon as they left, I passed out again until 6. My Uncle never made it home, which I expected since he texted me in the middle of the night to tell me he'd been flew in Tennessee to go over some last minute problems with the show. Wow, I could've been ignored in the tour bus but I decided to come to this huge ass house. It really brightens up my mood. Can you tell?

Jessie texted me at least 5 times in the middle of the night trying to get me to answer her.

Jessie: Y/N! Wake up!

Jessie: will u need a ride tomorrow?

Jessie: are u starting to ignore me already

Jessie: I just noticed its 3 am and I feel so bad

Jessie: sorry lol message me when u wake up. kk?

I decided it'd be better to text her now than see her later tonight awkwardly ignoring her texts.

Y/N: gawd U text a lot. & yeah I could use a ride but I don't live in my old house anymore. my uncle got a new one while I've been gone.

Jessie: oh shit. you're moving up. well send me the address & I'll pick u up around 9:50 since u want to show up at 10.

Y/N: okay. and I gotta be back by 2 because I have to wake up at 11 the next morning. got it?

Jessie: sure thing, captain. see u tonight. and don't worry, I'll be around u all night so we can have fun.

It made me feel a bit better to hear that Jessie was willing to pick me up and spend time with me tonight. I didn't feel as nervous now. Maybe seeing an actual familiar face would help me a little. I went down stairs to eat a few Oreos that I had left over, then throw away the empty package.
"God, I need to clean up tomorrow." I whispered to myself. I felt so weird in this house alone, almost eerie yet freeing. Although, there was something about this place that just made me feel like I wanted to leave. It may be because there's too many rooms for only one person. I shook the thoughts out of my head as I heard Mila's ringtone go off on the marble counter. I picked up my phone and accepted the FaceTime request.
"Hey babe, woah. Did you just wake up?" Mila said staring harshly into the screen.
I rolled my eyes and smiled, "Thanks babe, for making my self esteem drop lower than its been."
"I'm sorry, Y/N. It's just that your hair is in a sloppy bun so I just... never mind." She giggled eating a piece of popcorn. "What are you doing waking up so late? Was your sleepover with Mani and Ally that turnt?"
I laughed hearing her raspy voice, "You could say that." I leaned on the counter to get closer to my phone. "What are you doing?"
She took another piece of popcorn and stuck it in her mouth, then wriggled her eyebrows at me. "Just eating a little snack. Sofi made it for me. It's my 'lunch'." She did the little air quotes with a small smile. "But what are you planning on doing the rest of the day?"
Should I tell her? No. It'll only make things worse, but if I don't and she finds out then she'll be pissed. "Um, I was going to take a shower and then get ready to hang out with a few friends tonight."
She looked up at someone passing by her and then looked at her screen again, "Oh yeah? Mani and Ally are coming over again?"
I shook my head."Nope, just a few old friends that I had down here."
Mila's eyes widened, "Please tell me you aren't hanging out with Jessie tonight."
I grabbed a twist tie from the bag of bread and started fiddling with it. "So?..."
"You know how I feel about her, y/n!"
"No, I don't." I lied. I really do. The last time I saw Jessie was after Mila and I started dating and Mila was a bit protective over me then. I mean she still is, but not as much as she was. It was bad. So, one night Jessie and I snuck out late at night to hang out with our friends on an abandoned bridge. Well, that night a few kids had cigarettes and beers and we were all sharing them as kids do. Before you know it, I'm drunk off my ass and smoking a cigarette and a cop pulls up. Everyone starts ditching but I was too slow to run. Let's just say, I showed up at my house late at night with a police officer pushing my drunk ass into my house. I wasn't able to see Mila or any of the girls for almost 3 weeks then. Camila has yet to forget about it.
She was getting a little mad as she brushed her fingers through her hair and got up to go outside of her house so she could have a real conversation with me. After she was outside, she raised her voice. "You know I think she's a bad influence, and don't pretend like she's not. She almost got you sent to jail once and then she dropped you like a sack of potatoes when she was asked if she really was with you."
I smiled at her simile. "You're cute when you're upset."
She smiled a little until it faded again, "Well I must be fucking sexy because I'm pissed as all hell. What are you
planning on doing tonight if I may ask? And I may."
I picked up the phone and took it to the dinner table and set it up against the empty pizza box, "We are just gonna hang out. That's it. I can't stay out that late anyways because I have to clean up for my parents."
I stopped myself. What the fuck did I just say. Did I say that out loud? Did I just admit that to Camila? Camila's eyebrow raised, "Your parents? What aren't you telling me, y/n?"
I looked at the clock and saw it said '7:45'. "Oh look at the time, baby. I gotta take a shower. I'll text you, okay?"
"No you won't hang up on me, Y/f/n y/m/n y/l/n. If you love me and our relationship you'll tell me what's happening with your parents." Camila said almost furiously.
I shrugged still fiddling with the green twisty tie, "Well Karla Camila Cabello, there's not much to go off of. My uncle, who's not even here, broke the news to me the day I got here."
"Where's Uncle Mike?"
"In Tennessee working on the show." I admitted.
Automatically Camila's voice shot up three octaves in anger, "Tennessee? Does he even know that you are at home alone in a giant ass mansion and you're parents, whom I despise completely, are going to be in that house soon. Exactly when will they be there, Y/N?"
"Wednesday, but it's not that big of a deal. I-" I said.
Camila interrupted me walking into her house, "I gotta go y/n. I love you and I'll message you tonight." Camila ended the call causing me to become totally confused as to what just happened.