The corner of his lips twitch, I shriek when he lifts me bridal style and starts heading towards the bathroom. My breasts bounce, I giggle when his gaze trails to them before returning to my face. Ignoring his grunt when I reach for the top buttons of his shirt, I tug on his beards and stick out my tongue when he growls out a warning I disregard.

Brandon lowers me into the tub and a soft sigh escapes my lips as the knots in my joints begin to loosen at the contact of warm water against my taut skin. He folds the sleeves of his shirt, I pout and cry out for him to come back when he makes to leave.

“I have to get to work,” he murmurs.

“I don’t want you to go to work,” I whine while squirming and beating the surface of the water which causes some of it to splash to the floor. He arches an eyebrow but doesn’t move from that spot, I frown, he pulls his trousers up to his knee and I smile when he comes to sit on the edge of the tub with his legs on either side of me.

His hands massage my shoulders, I let out a soft sigh and dig the back of my head into his knee. I offer him the loofah after squeezing a generous amount of body wash into it, biting on my lips when he runs it against my areola. Left to me, I want him inside the tub with my back pressed against his chest, the same way as our wedding night but I will take what I can get, this is more than enough. His finger caresses my sore nipples again, images flood my mind and I am reminded of the reason for my punishment, our quarrel.

I grab the loofah from him to continue washing myself, annoyed for letting things slide so fast. Maybe I am too forgiving or I tolerate his excesses but isn’t that the way it should be? He gave me the option of using my safe word from the start but I refused to.

The fingers running through my tresses has my head falling back into Brandon’s lap. I stifle a moan, he knows all the right things to do, my body reacts in the best ways to him. Doing my best to resist him, I put my hair into a messy bun and edge away from him. He growls, my neck tilts in his direction. His hands are resting on his knees and he’s staring at me with a mild frown. I bite my lips, maybe I wasn’t as subtle as I thought I was.

“Why BDSM?” I murmur.

“It’s what I know,” he replies. A long pause ensues before I hear, “Do you want to quit?”

His initial reply leaves me more curious than satisfied but I swallow my other questions. I don’t believe him one bit. In France, we made love more than once. BDSM isn’t the only way around a woman’s body he knows but I nod in agreement. I will figure him out, we have the rest of our lives together for me to do that. Moving to the other end of the tub to get a better view of him, I wince when my back hits the bathtub and his eyes narrow.

“It’s painful, my whole body hurts.” He nods, lips set in a straight line and red, hot fury flashes through me. “Is that it? Do you enjoy causing me pain?” He steps out from the tub, signifying the end of a talk that has barely begun. Water drips from his knees and hands to the floor, without a word to me, he starts for the sink. I take a deep breath and scream at his retreating back, “Why can’t we have a conversation like normal couples?”

He spins so fast to face me; I have to place a hand over my chest to keep calm. He won’t hurt me. “We are a normal couple,” he says as a dark look crosses his features. I nod and gulp, I shouldn’t have said that. “Do you want to quit?” I shake my head; I’m willing to remain his sub but I want to understand him better. “Next time, use your safe word if it hurts.”

My head goes up and down, I swallow and wipe at the stupid tears trailing down my cheek. I am not usually this sensitive but for some reasons, my emotions are all over the place. Brandon is not being helpful, he dismisses our talks before they even start, I have to coerce him into divulging any piece of information I want about him and it’s getting tiring. Normal couples talk freely with each other; they know communication is key.