Chapter Thirty: The Calm Before the Storm

Two and a half hellish months of training later,

Deku: Okay that's enough for today!

Class: *Slumps down on the ground, exhausted*

Kirishima: Can't believe we've already been here for nearly four months already.

Jirou: Yeah *Pant* and it seemed training didn't get any easier either. *Pant* But hey, at least we'll get to see the other tomorrow again huh?

Ojiro: You said it. Can't wait to see everyone else again.

Shinso: We've grown much stronger as well. I bet we could even take on the teachers.

Deku: Haha I know all of you could. You're all in the rank of second grade after all.

Camie: Yeah except Bakubabe is grade one and Yaomomo is semi-first grade. Which is totally bonkers! It took me eight months to become a second grade! You guys are totally awesome!

Jirou: Aww thanks girl! But didn't you get promoted to semi-first grade?

Camie: That i did!

Todoroki: Still though, I wonder how everyone's doing back home.

Iida: Training hopefully. What are you guys gonna do when we get back?

Todoroki: Go visit my family.

Shoji: Same here. I'll have to let them know that i'm gonna be okay.

Iida: Looks like we have the same plans!

Deku: Hey now, how about we feast tonight? As a celebration for completing your training?

Class: Hell yeah!

Bakugo: *Looking at Deku* Hm...

Momo: So you noticed it too huh?

Bakugo: Huh? The hell are you talking about ponytail?

Momo: Bakugo, I know you well enough to know that you're thinking about why Zuku seemed a bit off lately.

Bakugo: Tch. It's obvious the damn nerd can't get next week out of his head. As for someone who's a special grade, he sure can't hide his emotions properly.

Momo: I think all of us are the same but we're just trying not to think about it at all and enjoy the time we have left.

Bakugo: Hm.

Momo: Plus, I think the thought of whatever's gonna happen to you is weighing on him more than anything...

Bakugo: ...

Momo: Ah- sorry! I didn't mean to sound-

Bakugo: Don't apologize ponytail. I don't... I don't blame him at all for feeling that way.

Momo: ...aren't you... scared?

Bakugo: No. it was my choice to eat the finger that night. I did it so that I could protect you all. And i also did it for selfish reasons in hopes to catch up to that nerd's level. But in the end, i did the right thing so I accepted the consequences.

Momo: Bakugo...

Bakugo: Tch don't insult me by feeling sorry ponytail. I have no regrets.

Momo: ...alright.

Deku: Yeah well I-

Utahime: Ah Midoriya there you are.

Deku: Hm? What's up Utahime sensei?

Utahime: Gakuganji's holding a meeting in his office. C'mon, we need you there too.