Chapter Twenty-Eight: Curse Training

Two weeks later into their training, the whole class is doing their daily running with Todou shouting at them to move their asses while Deku's watching them on a bench drinking coffee

Deku: Hey by the way Kamo, thanks for coming out here to train them even though you don't like teaching newcomers.

Kamo: Nah. *Sips on his coffee* it's my duty as a sorcerer and not to mention, the situation we have to face four months from now.

Deku: I guess. So where are the others?

Kamo: Well Mechamaru said he'll be arriving in three hours from now with Maki and Mai.

Deku: Heh haven't seen Mechamaru in a while. Did he have any upgrades to his puppet?

Kamo: As far as I've heard, he's added plenty. What about Itadori and the others?

Deku: Oh them? Chaotic as always. I heard they're out gathering intel and will probably come back a week from now.

Kami: I see.

Todou: *Slows down to match Kirishima's speed* What's wrong Kiribro?! Tired already?!

Kirishima: *Pant* *Pant* No sir!!

Todou: Well run faster! You're dragging your friends down! *Runs up*

Kirishima: Yes sir!

Deku: (Heh. That's a bit nostalgic)

Kamo: Say, Midoriya

Deku: Hm?

Kamo: Are you sure about these people? I mean, i'm not sure if they can even get to the rank of Grade 3 in just four months. I have to admit, i still have my doubts about this.

Deku: *Sips his coffee* Well, i have faith in them.

Kamo: Faith won't be enough to win a war you know.

Deku: I know. I have faith in them because they work harder than anyone i've met and they have so much determination, it even scares me sometimes.

Todou: As expected of my brother's girlfriend! Keep running and don't stop!

Momo: *Pant* *Pant* Right!!

Deku: The whole school, including the strongest sorcerer, acknowledged and believed in me even when i was weak and fragile. That's all it took for me to get this strong.

Todou: Tailman, Earphones, keep up!

Ojiro and Jirou: Right!

Deku: They know what they're getting into and instead of backing out, they chose to put their lives on the line. They're all so brave and I can't help but fully believe in them. *Smiles* I also can't help but see a little of myself in them.

Kamo: I see... compared to how you were two years ago, you've really grown.

Deku: Hehe thanks Kamo. And I also believe that you can become the head of the Kamo clan and bring your mother back.

Kamo: Midoriya... *Smiles* Thanks.

. . .

Kamo: By the way, this coffee is really good.

Deku: I know right?!

________
Later in the afternoon,

Deku: *Breathes in and out, relaxing his entire body* (Just let everything go.. and rely purely on instinct...)

Gojo: *Throws a knife at him*

Deku: *Instinctively uses infinity, stopping the knife*